(Budget) Future Proof CPU/GPU Combinations [Next Gen Games...]

14 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

fair point given how high most prices are right now

I mean, generally grabbing a Zen2 based CPU and RTX card now would work too, but thngs are so close now you're essentially buying last gen stuff. CPU's maybe aren't even that sensitive to that as I'm still on ancinet 5820K which is a 6 core, 12 thread CPU from 6 years ago and it's still holding strong with GTX 1080Ti which is also 4 years old now. And I can play all games on Ultra settings at stupid high framerate. So, even going with Ryzen 5 3600X or something and GTX 2070 or RX 5700 XT would give you plenty of gaming power for years to come, again, brand new stuff is almost around the corner. Personally, I'd wait.

46 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

actuall 4c/8t doesnt really suffer from that

4c/4t do. and 6c/6t do also suffer, but to a much lesser degree. 

7700K in my machine. No stutters.

Also running 4K (as best as I can) on a R9 390X

Old Z170 motherboard

All powered by a fanless 500W PSU (which celebrated 6th year of service this year)

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€172.25 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€82.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  (€66.89 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€58.40 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 8 GB RED DRAGON Video Card  (€357.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€43.02 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 450 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€64.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €846.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-01 11:16 CEST+0200

it does mean i can toss in suggestions like these. 

(different PSU option:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/Wkprxr/be-quiet-system-power-9-600-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-bn247 )

Wow, thanks for the list. But is that basically the cheapest build possible or are these actually good components? I saw that RAM before and thought about choosing it however it looks sort of cheap. But I'm not an expert...

I planned the exact same case and motherboard :D

But 1TB SSD would probably be better however that would cost me roughly 880-900€, which I can't afford :(

3 minutes ago, d-v-d david said:

Wow, thanks for the list. But is that basically the cheapest build possible or are these actually good components? I saw that RAM before and thought about choosing it however it looks sort of cheap. But I'm not an expert...

its all good components. 

PSU limits some upgrade paths like 9900k and 10900k with 2080ti/vega64. 

but otherwise fine. 

4 minutes ago, d-v-d david said:

But 1TB SSD would probably be better however that would cost me roughly 880-900€, which I can't afford :(

you can probably make due in the meantime. untill you can grab something like a 2tb seagate compute drive or similar

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/mwrYcf/seagate-barracuda-computer-2-tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm008

3 hours ago, Persona_non_grata said:

You meant to say the OG version? not the AIB?

Ouh

i have no idea what you just said,i am a tech amateur 

4 hours ago, PriitM said:

Gold should be MINIMUM for a 3+ year. If you can find a Platinum then even better.

Quality is not equal to efficiency. There are plenty of shit gold psus and plenty of good bronze psus.