Which 'gears' of war games to play

The Torrent

I got gamepass for pc

4 and 5 are on there but if its worth it i can play 123 if u guys think i should.

ive never played gears of war before idek what u do. do u shoot people? zombies?

also i heard its co op. i could get my friend to buy xbox game pass for a month and play it with me. what do u think?

thanks

Gears of War story is simplistic Hollywoody drivel, but the cover shooter mechanics and melee carnage can be very satisfying, especially if you play in couch co-op with a friend.

Play whichever one you want. They're all the same game with graphics that get better over time. I'd start with Gears 4 and 5 and then maybe play the older ones if you really like it. The story really doesn't matter. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

7 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Gears of War story is simplistic Hollywoody drivel, but the cover shooter mechanics and melee carnage can be very satisfying, especially if you play in couch co-op with a friend.

Play whichever one you want. They're all the same game with graphics that get better over time. I'd start with Gears 4 and 5 and then maybe play the older ones if you really like it. The story really doesn't matter. 

Depends if you like to see where the story is going. 2 and 3 are the better games really. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I think the first 3 games are alright.
Story is prolly the most enticing thing.

I replayed some of 2 semi-recently & it was uhh... boring?

That's just me though. If you can get into the game & like the chainsaw gun & curb stomping & homoeroticistic testosterone, sure. It's fun.