Good day, Im a newbie in this forum and I would like to ask if how can I resolve my problem. My problem is I bought a second hand laptop, HP Elitebook 8460w to be exact and I overclocked it so it turns off permanently. I also used throttle stop to increase its performace and after a 5-10 mins, Poof! I mean its just the power light is blinking rapidly about quarter sec pulses. No fan, no screen, and either noise came up. I tried to reset its bios. And also this laptop has no batteries just a plug. So I wonder how can I resolve this.

Throttle stop is very dangerous if you don't have the cooling and the power to back up your machine

It's probably hitting a hard power throttle 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

53 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Throttle stop is very dangerous if you don't have the cooling and the power to back up your machine

It's probably hitting a hard power throttle 

What should I do? Did I broke the mother board? Any Idea I must try? 😢