Hdmi Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

MsTrMind

Hello everybody!

I recently (about a month ago) bought a new monitor, a 24" AOC one (had a 19" 4:3 display).

Link to monitor: http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/hk_en/product_display.php?id=204

I am verry happy with this monitor, except for one thing...

When Windows or Ubuntu puts the monitor to sleep, it doesn't automatticaly wake up, like my previous one did ...

I am thinking it has something to do with the fact that it is connected via HDMI instead of VGA.

Can someone please tell me where to look, in the settings from Windows, or the monitor settings?

thank you!

Wouter

Proud to be from Belgium.

HDMI was designed for TVs not computers.

HDMI on computer has A LOT of problems for many.  It's best to use (and specs wise better too), DVI or DisplayPort.

As your monitor doesn't have DisplayPort, or even DVI, here are your options:

-> Try different graphic card drivers. Go 1, 2 or even 3 version back, until you find one that works. Try also Beta drivers.

-> Use a different graphic card. The problem might be at the graphic card level.

-> Disable auto sleep of the monitor, and turn off the monitor yourself everytime.

-> Hate to say it, use VGA and corss your fingers that you have a high quality VGA cable, and you live in a low interference area.

-> Hate to say it as well, but change monitors with one with DVI and/or DisplayPort?! :/

The interface used to connect the monitor seems irrelevant. Are you sure that you didn't change any settings within Windows?

He said it works perfectly over VGA. It's a driver or graphic solution related issue.

Windows doesn't have that kind of control for inputs.

I am sure a driver uninstall and re-install, as suggested, would fix it, or a different version, but the OP didn't came back with his results.

HDMI was designed for TVs not computers.

HDMI can be used for both TV and PC monitors. My Graphics Card, Xbox, Virgin Media TiVo box both use HDMI and connect into a single HDMI switch to my BenQ G2420HD monitor and I've never experienced any problem with it. Just because the monitor isn't awaking from sleep does not necessarily mean HDMI is the cause.