Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobthehomie13

Corsair RM650

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a evga bq 600w bronze with a 2070 and r7 2700x I need a better psu is the corsair RM650 good I looked at the list but need to be sure lol 

At least for me

I would say listen to the list

Looking at efficiency wouldn't tell you a while lot about the quality so trusting the list won't hurt 😉

My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

Spoiler

Hi

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

At least for me

I would say listen to the list

Looking efficiency wouldn't tell you a while lot about the quality so trusting the list won't hurt 😉

Its A+ rated and it not gold highlighted it just black font so I was wondering if I should look for a gold colored psu 

The RM650 is a pretty good PSU and will be a better PSU for future upgrades. Has a 10 year warranty. Alternates to the RM650 would be the Seasonic Focus GX-650, the ADATA XPG CORE Reactor or Antec High Current Gamer Gold if you can find them in stock for a reasonable price.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia (Proprietary Thermaltake View 21, side intake, not front)  PSU: ATNG 800w 80+ Bronze (replacing when shortage is over) Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

Just now, Bobthehomie13 said:

Its A+ rated and it not gold highlighted it just black font so I was wondering if I should look for a gold colored psu 

That font doesn't really have a meaning it's more aesthetics 

My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

Spoiler

Hi

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

That font doesn't really have a meaning it's more aesthetics 

I thought Gold means best in tier though (and that they run quiet under moderate load) and black is just normal. 

@Bobthehomie13 Honestly though, the only reason to get a gold of the same tier would be if it was within $10-15 of the normal options in the same tier.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia (Proprietary Thermaltake View 21, side intake, not front)  PSU: ATNG 800w 80+ Bronze (replacing when shortage is over) Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

3 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

The RM650 is a pretty good PSU and will be a better PSU for future upgrades. Has a 10 year warranty. Alternates to the RM650 would be the Seasonic Focus GX-650, the ADATA XPG CORE Reactor or Antec High Current Gamer Gold if you can find them in stock for a reasonable price.

Ok thx

1 minute ago, MrBrightSyde said:

I thought Gold means best in tier though (and that they run quiet under moderate load) and black is just normal. 

@Bobthehomie13 Honestly though, the only reason to get a gold of the same tier would be if it was within $10-15 of the normal options in the same tier.

I'm get the RM650 it 100 on Amazon rn 

2 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

Oh really 🤣 I thought it was just looks lmao 

My bad 

Spoiler

Hi

5 minutes ago, Bobthehomie13 said:

I'm get the RM650 it 100 on Amazon rn 

I just got screwed 10mins ago it was for sell it's gone that's what I get for not going for it lmao 

I'd rather suggest getting the RMx, instead of the regular RM.

Even the RM550x will be plenty for your build.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: BenQ BL2420PT & Alienware AW2521HF

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Main: AMD Ryzen 3 1200, Nvidia GTX 780, 16 GB 2667 MT/s DDR4

Secondary: Intel Xeon X5670, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3

Server: Intel Xeon X5670, 60 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3

25 minutes ago, Bobthehomie13 said:

I just got screwed 10mins ago it was for sell it's gone that's what I get for not going for it lmao 

What country are you in?