CPU + Motherboard Combination

I am planning to buy Ryzen 2600 (₹13,500) and Asrock B450 Pro 4 (₹7,000). Is this a good combination or is there an better combination. The Tomahawk is (₹11,000) and the ryzen 3600 is ₹17,000 almost close to 2700

It depends, if you're sole purpose is to game on the machine then it would be better to get a 3100 or 3300X since they are far better when it comes to gaming. Also another mention, the ryzen 5 1600 AF is essentially a 2600 with lower clock speeds, so if it's cheaper you're better off getting the 1600AF and overclocking to reach 2600 perfromance levels or perhaps even higher performance.

Also there are other motherboards out there like the Tomahawk that are cheaper like the MSI B450-A Pro, check the Motherboard Tier list on the forum for more information.

The 3600 and the 2700 do share similar performance in workstation tasks however in gaming the 3600 would be the better choice.

50 minutes ago, amankalyan said:

I am planning to buy Ryzen 2600 (₹13,500) and Asrock B450 Pro 4 (₹7,000). Is this a good combination or is there an better combination. The Tomahawk is (₹11,000) and the ryzen 3600 is ₹17,000 almost close to 2700

If your only gaming just a 3300x

As for the board it's solid

It has a 4 phase power design so don't expect to overclock alot but it's still solid

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It depends, if you're sole purpose is to game on the machine then it would be better to get a 3100 or 3300X since they are far better when it comes to gaming. Also another mention, the ryzen 5 1600 AF is essentially a 2600 with lower clock speeds, so if it's cheaper you're better off getting the 1600AF and overclocking to reach 2600 perfromance levels or perhaps even higher performance.

Also there are other motherboards out there like the Tomahawk that are cheaper like the MSI B450-A Pro, check the Motherboard Tier list on the forum for more information.

The 3600 and the 2700 do share similar performance in workstation tasks however in gaming the 3600 would be the better choice.

Unfortunately in my country (India) we don't get the Ryzen 1600AF. My usage would mostly be 80 % gaming and rest web browsing/ light ms office work. So is it better if I shift to 3300x or stay with 2600?

3 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

If your only gaming just a 3300x

As for the board it's solid

It has a 4 phase power design so don't expect to overclock alot but it's still solid

Thanks man for the clarification on the board.

Just now, amankalyan said:

Unfortunately in my country (India) we don't get the Ryzen 1600AF. My usage would mostly be 80 % gaming and rest web browsing/ light ms office work. So is it better if I shift to 3300x or stay with 2600?

3300x 

Better ipc count 

Better imc 

Better FCLK (which while you probably won't notice it's a nice touch that will be better )

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

3300x 

Better ipc count 

Better imc 

Better FCLK (which while you probably won't notice it's a nice touch that will be better )

Got it. Thanks a lot for helping me out.