PSU Swap Question

DimitriBrut

So my Corsair AX1200i died :( it was way more PSU than I needed, but there isn't much out there to choose from right now. I picked up a Corsair RM 650 to replace it. My question is... Do I need to rewire with the new PSU wires? Or can I just throw the RM650 in there and call it a day with the old ones? They're already neatly cable managed... I'd prefer to not have to do that again.

Thanks in advance

14 minutes ago, DimitriBrut said:

So my Corsair AX1200i died :( it was way more PSU than I needed, but there isn't much out there to choose from right now. I picked up a Corsair RM 650 to replace it. My question is... Do I need to rewire with the new PSU wires? Or can I just throw the RM650 in there and call it a day with the old ones? They're already neatly cable managed... I'd prefer to not have to do that again.

Thanks in advance

You will kill the motherboard.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Corsair has this very handy compatibility chart

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, DimitriBrut said:

That's all I needed to know. Thank you for the short concise answer.

it appears to be an incomplete answer.

Here is the compatibility for the AXi:

image.png.a5eeec1dbeeae7ec06f704386a7563a6.png

Here is the RM:

image.png.615a2865abda27cdbcebf9b996b6c409.png

As seen by the color coded orange and red squares, you are able to use almost all the same cables with these units, aside from the 24 pin connector. (they're supposed to be dots and not squares, but the webpage didn't load correctly for me.) You only need to replace the 24 pin connector to the motherboard.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad