Do samsung phones still lag after a while?

I used to own a Galaxy S5 back in the days but it was one of the worst phones i have ever owned. It started lagging after 3 months of use and i used it for about 2 years so i don't think i have had good a experience with samsung phones. I switched to ios after that and planning to switch back to the android. DO samsung phones still lag after sometime? Are they good for long term use?

7 minutes ago, Mayank Dhingra said:

I used to own a Galaxy S5 back in the days but it was one of the worst phones i have ever owned. It started lagging after 3 months of use and i used it for about 2 years so i don't think i have had good a experience with samsung phones. I switched to ios after that and planning to switch back to the android. DO samsung phones still lag after sometime? Are they good for long term use?

i had an s8+ and yes it lagged like ass after sth like a year of use because of android's craptastic memory management

I switched from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to a Pixel 3a XL, simple because of software.

The S8 was way better when it came to hardware, but that is utterly worthless when the software is utterly worthless.

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

i had an s8+ and yes it lagged like ass after sth like a year of use because of android's craptastic memory management

The lags come from battery degradation.

Memory management doesn't suddenly get worse.

I ditched samsung after the S7 partly for that reason. No other phone brand I used did that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

my s8 started lagging after 2.5 years albeit i am not a heavy user.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

The lags come from battery degradation.

Memory management doesn't suddenly get worse.

i replaced the battery, i blame memory management because samsung's implementation on the s8 was very basic(imo at least) at least compared to apple's wonders where i can go into an app i haven't interacted with in 2 days and its still open

44 minutes ago, Windows9 said:

Here I am with my S3 mini and Moto G3

Might depend on location too. Snapdragon chips might fare better than Exynos ones. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

The notorious Touchwiz is gone

Slowdowns are usually due to flash storage occupied exceeding about 80% of total capacity

This affects all flash storage, regardless of phone model and brand

That said, Samsung flagships not made for the US or China, are given Exynos chipsets instead of Snapdragon. The Exynos ones are generally undesirable.

One strange exception is the S10 Lite, which does not have an Exynos model. Its remarkably good.

The S10 lite was going head to head with the XR though at around the same price point. Without a Snap chip it would have lost even harder. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

5 hours ago, ki8aras said:

i replaced the battery, i blame memory management because samsung's implementation on the s8 was very basic(imo at least) at least compared to apple's wonders where i can go into an app i haven't interacted with in 2 days and its still open

In Apple’s case, they’re probably using the absurdly fast NVME storage to mitigate the downside of using less memory to a degree. An app getting kicked from memory may not even be noticeable to the user if the app data (and saved state) can be retrieved within a split second. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Yup, phone storage, interfaces etc are fast nowadays. On my phone I copied a bunch of data at a steady 260MB/s from an external SSD to the internal storage... 

The S4 and S5 had terribly slow storage though. Still have my S4 but sold the S5 a month after getting it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2