Open Source Mac OS

I have been thinking about making a open source Mac OS operating system or almost a debloat script for Mac OS itself i am a new-ish software developer and would love help from anyone willing to give it let me know when and if any of you can help and ill be sure to respond right back

Are you looking to make an OS from scratch that is compatible with macOS, do you want a look-alike clone, or what is your goal exactly? A "debloat" script is a long way from making your own OS (whatever debloat is supposed to do, precisely).

If you want an OS from scratch that is compatible, it would most likely take a large team of experienced developers multiple years to get there. But you'll need a more fleshed out plan other than "I want to make an OS" to get there. Especially if you want to attract help from others.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Are you looking to make an OS from scratch that is compatible with macOS, do you want a look-alike clone, or what is your goal exactly? A "debloat" script is a long way from making your own OS (whatever debloat is supposed to do, precisely).

If you want an OS from scratch that is compatible, it would most likely take a large team of experienced developers multiple years to get there. But you'll need a more fleshed out plan other than "I want to make an OS" to get there. Especially if you want to attract help from others.

i want mac os without the bloat and telemetry pretty much

2 minutes ago, xxmonte69xx said:

i want mac os without the bloat and telemetry pretty much

That doesn't give anyone much to work with. What defines "bloat"? And is this a brand new OS or a modified OSX?

A girl who loves to love.

Just now, Aimi said:

That doesn't give anyone much to work with. What defines "bloat"? And is this a brand new OS or a modified OSX?

Bloat as in apple care connection services and like the built in email client stuff like that also this is brand new os x

11 minutes ago, xxmonte69xx said:

Bloat as in apple care connection services and like the built in email client stuff like that also this is brand new os x

Well first I'd suggest getting a clear, concise goal and a timeframe of when you want stuff done.

After that, get yourself 10 high priced lawyers, so that way you can deal with any legal trouble from Apple.

6 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Well first I'd suggest getting a clear, concise goal and a timeframe of when you want stuff done.

After that, get yourself 10 high priced lawyers, so that way you can deal with any legal trouble from Apple.

or i can get 10 low priced assassins and cook Tim cook

2 minutes ago, xxmonte69xx said:

or i can get 10 low priced assassins and cook Tim cook

I may not like Apple but I'm not going to condone that.

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

LOL

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

im using tor so hopefully i wont get swatted LMFAO

Not sure what you want here.  Large sections of macOS are open source because the thing is based on BSD.  If you just want to run a different OS on Apple hardware there are several linuxes and BSDs that will do the job.   You could roll your own Linux distro if you wanted I suppose.  Just haul out the Debian libraries.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

You can get the core of MacOS for free, It call Darwin, you can get it from apple site or for more user friendly from http://www.puredarwin.org 

Do note that you will have to get your own GUI or build one yourself and other part of the MacOS that are missing as there not open source, you would have to build them you self or find open source versions. 

Perhaps take a look at Elementary OS as well. It sounds similar to your goals. That, or any Linux distro with a theme that looks like macOS.

Not trying to be discouraging ,but creating an OS from scratch is a huge undertaking, maybe you can join a development group supporting one you like instead?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

If you want debloating you can simply turn off the services you don't want with a simple script (install macOS w/o internet, run script)

🙂

On 5/30/2020 at 6:43 AM, A51UK said:

You can get the core of MacOS for free, It call Darwin, you can get it from apple site or for more user friendly from http://www.puredarwin.org 

Do note that you will have to get your own GUI or build one yourself and other part of the MacOS that are missing as there not open source, you would have to build them you self or find open source versions. 

Thanks 

On 5/30/2020 at 7:05 AM, tikker said:

Perhaps take a look at Elementary OS as well. It sounds similar to your goals. That, or any Linux distro with a theme that looks like macOS.

Not trying to be discouraging ,but creating an OS from scratch is a huge undertaking, maybe you can join a development group supporting one you like instead?

I use arch 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, xxmonte69xx said:

I use arch 🤣🤣🤣

So install a macOS theme and be done :P Being able to set up Arch and developing an OS is still miles apart. Just saying that Elementary OS looks pretty much like what you want to do, so you'll be having competition in that regard.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

5 hours ago, tikker said:

So install a macOS theme and be done :P Being able to set up Arch and developing an OS is still miles apart. Just saying that Elementary OS looks pretty much like what you want to do, so you'll be having competition in that regard.

Themes aren't a thing but yes I already have I mean compatibility wise