EVGA 1000 G5 power to a Quadro RTX 6000 GPU

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
7 minutes ago, rtwpsom2 said:

I could connect one 6+2 to the 8 pin and the other to just the 6 pin, thus using only a single cable to power the GPU, but is that going to provide enough power?

Yes

Here's mine

20200529_235151.jpg

I have the above mentioned EVGA G5 and a I connecting it to a Quadro RTX 6000.  The Quadro has 8 pin + 6 pin connections.  Each PCIE cable from EVGA has 2X 6+2 pin connections. I could connect one 6+2 to the 8 pin and the other to just the 6 pin, thus using only a single cable to power the GPU, but is that going to provide enough power? Or should I use two cables and connect only one 6+2 connector from each? I realize that the standard answer would be to use one cable/both connectors, but this GPU is rated at 250W and I was under the impression that the cable setups themselves are only rated for 150W. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, rtwpsom2 said:

I could connect one 6+2 to the 8 pin and the other to just the 6 pin, thus using only a single cable to power the GPU, but is that going to provide enough power?

Yes

Here's mine

20200529_235151.jpg

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yes

Here's mine

20200529_235151.jpg

Should I pre-dust mine? I don't want to take years to build up a patina like that.😄

Thank's for the quick input, I appreciate it immensely.