EK Loop Connect

Shisimona

It has been on markets just under 6 months. Grid and Commander Pro have been for years. Finding actual user experience will be next to impossible. But yeah, looks good alternative. With bit lower price point too, and not manufacturer depending so much like Commander Pro.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I wasn't expecting to have a bunch of user experience with it, but doesn't hurt to ask. 

The Grid won't work proper with my fans. I have the Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 140mm 3000 RPM and NF-F12 industrialPPC 120mm 3000 RPM, and there have been users who have the Grid and those fans and have had nothing but issues. 

I know the Commander Pro would have no issues power powering these fans but i'm unable to find the proper amps and watts of each fan header as it's different from different sources. Some places say it's 1 amp per channel, same say 0.8 amp per channel. One place said it was 0.3 amp per channel. 

I know this EK Loop Connect is 120watts/10amps total between all 6 fan headers. So that gives them 20watts/1.6amps per fan header. 

If i'm correct the NF-A14 is 6.6watts/0.55 amps max? So, if those are the specs on the EK LoCo *I like this name for it lol*, it should be able to power 2 NF-A14 at full speed without issues on one fan header. I'm not saying i'm gonna do that but I do believe it has the capability to do so.

21 hours ago, Shisimona said:

If i'm correct the NF-A14 is 6.6watts/0.55 amps max? So, if those are the specs on the EK LoCo *I like this name for it lol*, it should be able to power 2 NF-A14 at full speed without issues on one fan header. I'm not saying i'm gonna do that but I do believe it has the capability to do so.

That seems to be the case. What issues you were having with Grid? Pure curiosity asking.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

That seems to be the case. What issues you were having with Grid? Pure curiosity asking.

I don't have the Grid, It's from other people who were having issues. Lots were saying mainly not having enough power to supply the fans. There was one guys who showed a pic of where the fan header melted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 4:55 AM, Shisimona said:

I was wondering if anyone here has used the EK Loop Connect? It looks like it can do what the Commander Pro can do.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-loop-connect

Looks like a great alternative to the Commander Pro.

I have one of these, don't buy it for god sake, the software to run it is horrible and very unstable. At the moment it's actually dangerous as it will not ramp up your fans when needed so the water temp in your loop will be probably better to make a tea rather that cool down components

On 6/10/2020 at 5:47 AM, Brodzik said:

I have one of these, don't buy it for god sake, the software to run it is horrible and very unstable. At the moment it's actually dangerous as it will not ramp up your fans when needed so the water temp in your loop will be probably better to make a tea rather that cool down components

If you have read, no where did I say I'll be using it for water cooling. I want something so I don't have to use anything Corsair. All I talk about is air cooling.