X-series still worth building?

With the new ryzen series coming out an Intel 10th gen desktop chips pushing 10 cores of their own. Is there really any benefit to running an X series chip anymore?

I feel like with the increased clock speed and cork out that ryzen offers the x-series platform feels dead. No one throws them up for any kind of comparison on benchmarks. I mean one was information if it's worth upgrading or not or just building AMD?

i9 9820x @4.2 - MSI X299 Sli plus - 32gb Quad DDR4 G.skill3400 - MSI Gaming x 2070 Super - EVGA 1300 SupernovaG2 Gold -  500NVME WD Blue & Optane 32gb + WD Blue4tb - Enermax 360Aio - Vigor GK80 - MSI DS200 - Dual MSI Mag 271R

building - supermicro x9 - e5-2660 128gbddr3

supermicro x8 - e5648 24gb ddr3

Are you talking about your current setup, in your signature? The extreme series i9 platform on X299?

No, those have basically been made obsolete. Hypothetically, you could get an i9-10980XE for $1000 (if it was ever in stock), but it is outperformed in every way by the Ryzen 9 3950X at $750, despite the lack of two whole cores. When AMD pushed out their ryzen 9 series, it was a downright massacre in the professional/HEDT space.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I personally wanted to build a HEDT system for fun and also "futureproofing" if you still believe in that. I built my system in February of 2019 and at first, it was a tossup between the entry level of Threadripper TR4 platform like the 2nd gen or Intel's X299 platform. I went for Intel's platform mainly because of the single core performance over Threadripper and costs as Threadripper would have been more expensive than Intel's X-Series. I know it sounds crazy to spends this much money for HEDT when I only play games, I just want the performance. I feel at a loss somewhat but then I know I have a system that blows my old system out of the water. I had a rough time finding a CPU for my system when I purchased all the rest of the parts and did NOT want to shorten my window for returns. No internet website was selling my CPU at its MSRP or were out of stock. Found one at my Micro Center in PA. Made it back in time to go to work in the afternoon on a Sunday. 

Many reviewers that I watch on YouTube don't even mention any HEDT systems in their benchmarks anymore and also their prices are different when compared to your consumer chips.  

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Where I very much like the x299 platform and my processor has been very good to me I'm curious to what the actual benefits are at this point when the 10900 offers 10 cores at 5ghz. I realize 2066 allows you up to I think an 18 core CPU but what other benefits does it really have to offer?    Is there actually a list of benefits I know that all of my PCI slots are a full 16x and that I have quad-channel ddr4. But those really don't seem to be all that important now that gpus offer way more than sli ever did

i9 9820x @4.2 - MSI X299 Sli plus - 32gb Quad DDR4 G.skill3400 - MSI Gaming x 2070 Super - EVGA 1300 SupernovaG2 Gold -  500NVME WD Blue & Optane 32gb + WD Blue4tb - Enermax 360Aio - Vigor GK80 - MSI DS200 - Dual MSI Mag 271R

building - supermicro x9 - e5-2660 128gbddr3

supermicro x8 - e5648 24gb ddr3