Monitor momentarily goes black

CraZcupcake

I've been having this issue where my monitor suddenly goes black and quickly returns to normal when it's connected to my PC.  Sometimes, the "blackout time" is long enough so that the monitor displays that nothing is connected to the DisplayPort input.  After showing that message, it will quickly go back to normal.  This temporary blackout also occurred when my PC was connected to my old monitor via HDMI and does not occur with my Xbox One S, making me think it's not a problem with the monitor and rather, a problem with my PC.  The momentary blackout usually occurs when performing a small action within a game such as opening up a menu or loading up the game itself.  I have also had this blackout occur when logging into Windows on the "Welcome" screen.  While playing a CPU-intensive game, even if I simply adjust the system volume via the volume keys on my keyboard, a blackout will often occur.  My graphics drivers are up-to-date, and I've tried simple troubleshooting steps such as switching out my PC's power cord and making sure the power cables within my PC are secure, but nothing has worked.  I believe the problem is a faulty power supply, but I could be completely wrong, and I'd like to get other opinions before I shell out $60 on a new one.  I don't know if this information will be useful to help resolve the issue, but I've been running my PC at 1440p @ 164Hz with HDR and Nvidia G-Sync enabled.

System specs:

- CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

- RAM: 2x 4 GB DDR3

- Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4 (BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. P2.60, 3/7/2018)

- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

- 1TB mechanical hard drive: WD10EZEX

- 320GB mechanical hard drive: WD3200AAJS

- Optical drive: GH24NSC0

- 600W Power Supply: 100-W1-0600-KR

Monitor: S3220DGF

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this in an attempt to help me out.