Undervolt limit

ChopNorris

Hello everyone, I have a question that may be kinda stupid. I´m undervolting my 2080 SUPER and I wanted to know where I should stop. Actually I´m in 0.881v which so far is stable (1 hour playing the withcher 3 with no crashes nor artifacts), but this seems like too much. I´m worried that there is something else i´m not taking into account.

Thanks in advance.

Undervolting doesn't really have a safe limit, whatever is the lowest you can possibly get without instability/crashing is ideal. Components will only be damaged by too much, not too little power.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, ChopNorris said:

Hello everyone, I have a question that may be kinda stupid. I´m undervolting my 2080 SUPER and I wanted to know where I should stop. Actually I´m in 0.881v which so far is stable (1 hour playing the withcher 3 with no crashes nor artifacts), but this seems like too much. I´m worried that there is something else i´m not taking into account.

Thanks in advance.

if your worried about it being unstable just try running it in a benchmark in an hour or so, thats the easiest way to tell if its stable or not.

i would just go down little by little until the frequency cant keep up.

Thanks for the replies, what concerns me is that maybe the GPU is reducing frecuencies to avoid unstability or something. But according to Aferburner it stills beetween 1905-1935 Mhz. I´ve compared with a friend with another 2080s and he can´t go under 1,012v. I find pretty strange that the difference can be so big.

he may have a different aftermarket card

37 minutes ago, ChopNorris said:

Thanks for the replies, what concerns me is that maybe the GPU is reducing frecuencies to avoid unstability or something. But according to Aferburner it stills beetween 1905-1935 Mhz. I´ve compared with a friend with another 2080s and he can´t go under 1,012v. I find pretty strange that the difference can be so big.

Make sure to run some benchmarks to compare vs stock to make sure you aren't losing performance.