Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adrian98765

Anyone has any idea what does this mean? I'm confused

Posted · Original PosterOP

I wanted to delete all the files in "Temp" folder and I get this error in one file. Is someone else using MY PC? or what? Antivirus software doesn't detect anything.

idea.thumb.jpg.74cd08648e780445137d63e29c4732c3.jpg

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

COMPUTER AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 3200MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & WD Black 500GB | Antec ISK600

NOTEBOOK Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga S1 (a.k.a. Yoga 12) - Intel Core i5 4200U | Intel HD4400 | 8GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | 1080p display w/ Wacom Digitizer

It means the folder is shared with other users. If it’s deleted, the other users won’t be able to access the files, because they’re no longer on the drive. Make sure that no one else on your computer is using the files in the folder before you delete anything in it.

Also, I would advise against cleaning any "junk" files manually. If you need more disk space, use Windows Disk Cleaning utility. Or upgrade to Windows 10 and visit System > Storage section in the modern Settings. Windows 10 can even clean your disk automatically with Storage Sense.

On a side note, please, upgrade to Windows 10 (or other modern OS)... Windows 7 is out of support but I'm sure you are aware of that.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

COMPUTER AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 3200MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & WD Black 500GB | Antec ISK600

NOTEBOOK Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga S1 (a.k.a. Yoga 12) - Intel Core i5 4200U | Intel HD4400 | 8GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | 1080p display w/ Wacom Digitizer

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, redteam4ever said:

Also, I would advise against cleaning any "junk" files manually. If you need more disk space, use Windows Disk Cleaning utility. Or upgrade to Windows 10 and visit System > Storage section in the modern Settings. Windows 10 can even clean your disk automatically with Storage Sense.

On a side note, please, upgrade to Windows 10 (or other modern OS)... Windows 7 is out of support but I'm sure you are aware of that.

Yes I know it doesn't receive updates anymore, but that doesn't affect me. I wasn't installing updates anyway. They always seemed to slow down my PC.  I'm not on Windows 10 because I mostly play old games, and those run fine on 7. It uses less RAM too.