Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
driver160

replace/ upgrade my dell wireless 1830

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys,

I am having some problems with my dell xps 15 (9550) with the wifi, sometimes the ping becomes very high (3 seconds?!) while on other devices it stays stable.

Also sometimes he just wont connect to the internet until he is reatarted. 

I found that replacing the driver with the previous version helps until i restart the system than it happens again, i update to the newest driver it stays stable until i restart again. 

Since it is a old card i thought of upgrading it to see if this fixes the problem, but now i became overwhelmed with the possibilities. 

So i found out that the 1830 is a pci-e card and all the newest wifi cards are m.2 and i think that those should be compedible but i am not sure. 

I was considering the: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265NGW, but then I read that you have to be careful since some laptops have a BIOS whitelist which can make it so that only certain cards work and i can not find anything about a whitelist. 

Also i learned that the dell 1830 is a 3x3 card whereas the "new" card would be 2x2, so than this would be a degrade ?  

I would really apriciate your help!

Cheers!

Posted · Original PosterOP

The latest driver for the 1830 is from 24 Nov 2017 that I can find? 

It also says that my system is up to date. 

And what do you mean with reset network card? I tried a clean install from the latest driver from the dell website as wel ass from the device manager in windows. 

Thanks for the suggestion!