Multilingual support? Waking a diaphragm sleep/rest/reset node.

How do I customize a character map plane?

Hypothetical speaking if the entire log was created with Unicode symbols that are now obsolete or were never intended for use with operating systems. Is there a way to create easy and quick character symbols without having to rely on optional system updates. I also noticed that even the official sources for this resource are just filled with libraries. 

Microsoft link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/315684/how-to-use-special-characters-in-windows-documents

Educational link

https://sites.psu.edu/symbolcodes/windows/charmap/

Wikipedia link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_Map_(Windows)

Note: it's not a screen or a bad problem. I just need a reminder how this is supposed to work. If it makes sense to get into a further discussion of replacing the user interface of a presumed operating system to repair a very old computer.

Textisaurus; shipping from life with love, stantsiya mir was a weird encounter, stantsiya novy afon...

Back in the olden days, we used bytes to signify characters (one byte = one character). That means we have 256 characters to work with. Because there exist much more than 256 characters in the world we want to represent, we used different code maps: tables which specify what each byte "means". Generally, the first 128 bytes were the same for all maps, ASCII, but some code maps do not follow this.

Then, Unicode happened. It initially used 16-bit code points, to represent 65 thousand characters. When those weren't enough, they grew to 24 bits.

There are a few ways to represent Unicode: UTF-8 (a very nice encoding created by God, I mean, by ken, which is backwards compatible with ASCII, and has some nice properties), UTF-16 (a hacked together encoding. Used as the native encoding of Windows, for some reason), and UTF-32 (which is mainly used internally by programs in certain places).

Going back to your questions:

5 hours ago, Whirledcast said:

How do I customize a character map plane?

You don't. You don't use character maps at all. They are obsolete.

Hypothetical speaking if the entire log was created with Unicode symbols that are now obsolete or were never intended for use with operating systems.

There are no obsolete Unicode symbols. If you want to convert from the old character maps to Unicode there are tools such as iconv, or you can write them yourself (an UTF-8 encoder is like 20 lines of code).

But any correct Unicode file ever written is still valid today.

Is there a way to create easy and quick character symbols without having to rely on optional system updates.

If your font does not support a character range, get a font which does (this is probably what your optional updates are doing, but idk). If your program does not use a rendering library which supports modern Unicode features (like right to left) you have to wait for it to get updated.

The Eight Fallacies of Distributed Computing

Essentially everyone, when they first build a distributed application, makes the following eight assumptions. All prove to be false in the long run and all cause big trouble and painful learning experiences.

1. The network is reliable
  2. Latency is zero
  3. Bandwidth is infinite
  4. The network is secure
  5. Topology doesn’t change
  6. There is one administrator
  7. Transport cost is zero
  8. The network is homogeneous

— Peter Deutsch

14 hours ago, vlads_ said:

There are a few ways to represent Unicode: UTF-8 (a very nice encoding created by God, I mean, by ken, which is backwards compatible with ASCII, and has some nice properties), UTF-16 (a hacked together encoding.

Is there a way to mark replies as spam?

There is.

Don't get me wrong. There is only one question there.

Textisaurus; shipping from life with love, stantsiya mir was a weird encounter, stantsiya novy afon...

17 minutes ago, Whirledcast said:

Is there a way to mark replies as spam?

There is.

Don't get me wrong. There is only one question there.

From your post it sounded like you have no idea how character encodings work, so I thought I'd clear it up for you in the beginning before answering your questions. Perhaps if you would have provided more info (what program are you using, what *eaxctly* are you trying to do etc.) I could have been more to the point.

19 hours ago, Whirledcast said:

I just need a reminder how this is supposed to work

And I gave you one.

Essentially everyone, when they first build a distributed application, makes the following eight assumptions. All prove to be false in the long run and all cause big trouble and painful learning experiences.

2. Latency is zero
  3. Bandwidth is infinite
  4. The network is secure

— Peter Deutsch

On 5/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, vlads_ said:

*eaxctly*

My point exactly. "Massa" already did this before. The appeal is trying to figure out how to take advantage of it. And how to get the access back to the previous services. It's very simple. There is a NT operating system that uses the Unicode characters that are not based from the Unicode.org files. Hence they are custom Unicode planes.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, vlads_ said:

And I gave you one.

I guess I forgot to mention this can be labeled as a rant topic now.

It could also include ASCII and UTF 8 planes. Fine. It doesn't have to be just Unicode.

The reason for doing it is simple. Managing information of all other computers. From passwords to text information. I don't understand why that's even a question. It's a rabbit hole conversation.

Most of the operating system treats Unicode opaquely, so all you have to change to add or modify a character is the font and, maybe, the rendering engine. You don't have a database of Unicode characters in your PC which all programs refer to.

Maybe you're looking for these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Use_Areas

What you've linked in the beginning has nothing to do with any of this.

I don't understand most of what you're trying to say so I'll just leave this alone for now.

2. Latency is zero
  3. Bandwidth is infinite
  4. The network is secure

— Peter Deutsch

On 5/31/2020 at 1:30 AM, vlads_ said:

I don't understand most of what you're trying to say so I'll just leave this alone for now.

For now just stay away from a computer. Besides, that link you gave me is exactly related to what I posted. I doubt your ability to read by now. I can't imagine words. Thanks for staying away. Check that out!