file explorer keeps crashing

HardStroke

i have windows 10 (latest build and latest update) and when use my file explorer for more then 10 minutes is just crashes every time when i right click on something

any ideas on how i can fix this?

already tried sfc /scannow

said that everything was fixed but i still get those crashes

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

2 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

i have windows 10 (latest build and latest update)

what build and update? we are right around the 2004 release... 

She/Her

13 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

what build and update? we are right around the 2004 release... 

win10.png.58dcb32b8a4f9d8ecdbb4c5e2de3018d.png

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Have you also run:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Have you also run:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

no

what does it do?

3 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

no

what does it do?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

I believe in the configuration I posted above it uses Windows Update as the source for its checking and restoring of any corrupt files with your install.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

One of the 3rd party software's '.dll' file is conflicting with Explorer.exe. You just need to find out that faulty '.dll' file from the event manager and uninstall that 3rd part app which is conflicting with file explorer. You'll find out what to do in method 8 in the following article: https://www.techsupportall.com/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working/

Try it once and report back to me.