Finishing the last of the Navi - RX 5300 coming soon.

williamcll

Information hinted about a low end AMD graphics cards has been found in new drive code recently, hinting that the OEM exclusive RX 5300 may soon come as a standalone device. Note that the card has been out for months but it will still be some more time before this low end card is released:

AMD might be expanding its entry-level Navi army very soon in the form of the AMD Radeon RX 5300. The unannounced Navi 14-powered graphics card has surfaced in the CompuBench database (via @Komachi_Ensaka), although it remains to be seen whether it will be an OEM-exclusive part or not.Unlike AMD's other high-profile launches, the chipmaker didn't give the Radeon RX 5300-series much love. The mobile variants, which include the Radeon RX 5300M and Radeon Pro 5300M, are the only official SKUs so far. AMD hasn't formally announce the Radeon RX 5300 XT even though the graphics card has appeared in HP desktops since last year. 

image.png.3a7a99d463027054f97f9c712dcfa355.png

The Radeon RX 5300 will likely employ the Navi 14 silicon, and support the PCIe 4.0 inteface. However, AMD would probably wire the Radeon RX 5300 in an x8 configuration, as it did with the AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT

There are currently three CompuBench submissions for the AMD 7340:CF device, and they date back to August 2019. That's a very long time for AMD to tweak the Radeon RX 5300, so the performance could have improved greatly since then. But if we go by the dated results, the Radeon RX 5300's performance is more or less in the same ballpark as the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650.

For reference, this was the computer that had this card as an option months ago: The HP M01-F0017ng

907847479AAE6DD32BA74EBC8EE7A8A4.jpg

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-5300-graphics-card

https://compubench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=compu20d&did=77523056&os=Windows&api=cl&hwtype=dGPU&hwname=AMD+7340%3ACF

Thoughts: It's nice, a fantastic card to finally make buying last generation cards completely moot, especially the GTX 1030. I however don't understand why AMD keeps these cards in OEM use for so long (such as the vega pro and RX 5500).

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Great!

also first comment yay

"hi 911? my grandma is on the floor and shes not responding to anything"
"have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, di-di-ding

Well, 130 watts? Makes it unviable. 75 watts? We'll see. AMD has yet to release a competitive PCIe-slot-powered-only option, with the RX 550 being pretty easily outpriced and outclassed when it was available (along with most options needing a PCIe connector so what was the point)

The price is of major concern, with the 5500 XT being far too expensive to be a good option, often finding itself competing with the 1660 and 1660 super which handily outperform it. That's pretty telling for potential low cost options. The only way this card is a good pick is if it undercuts the 1650, making it the cheapest gaming card in the current gen with no need for a power connector (assuming my original stipulation). Of course, the additional problem is lack of UEFI support on AMD cards, resulting in hit or miss compatibility with old OEM PCs and RX series cards.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

• 2 months later...

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users