B450 to X570

Recently passed on my B450 board to my daughter and looking to upgrade now to the X570 range with a budget of £220 odd, any suggestions on what to get now?

1 minute ago, Mista G said:

Recently passed on my B450 board to my daughter and looking to upgrade now to the X570 range with a budget of £220 odd, any suggestions on what to get now?

ASUS X570 TUF Plus or X570 Prime Pro or X570-P

Or Aorus X570 Elite.

Those are some pretty good options. But depends on the CPU you have, on if you actually need X570. You mainly would get it for PCIE 4.0 support (in combination with Ryzen 3000) or for full Ryzen 4000/Zen 3 support. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

ASUS X570 TUF Plus or X570 Prime Pro or X570-P

Or Aorus X570 Elite.

Those are some pretty good options. But depends on the CPU you have, on if you actually need X570. You mainly would get it for PCIE 4.0 support (in combination with Ryzen 3000) or for full Ryzen 4000/Zen 3 support. 

Currently have a 3600 with a 5700 XT sat waiting to reinstall.

Judging by pricings and availability on PCPartPicker UK, I'd say either the TUF X570-PLUS or Strix X570-F (both from ASUS), though the Asrock Steel Legend and Gigabyte Aorus Elite are also pretty good options. Or wait for the X570 Tomahawk from MSI, but we still don't have a clear date on when it'll actually be available.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Agree with both the above post.

But why x570 with your current parts?

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Judging by pricings and availability on PCPartPicker UK, I'd say either the TUF X570-PLUS or Strix X570-F (both from ASUS), though the Asrock Steel Legend and Gigabyte Aorus Elite are also pretty good options. Or wait for the X570 Tomahawk from MSI, but we still don't have a clear date on when it'll actually be available.

Tomahawk would be great right now but it's as you state, release date? Noticed you thrown the Strix X570-F in there, solid option over say the Elite or Plus?

Just now, Mista G said:

Tomahawk would be great right now but it's as you state, release date? Noticed you thrown the Strix X570-F in there, solid option over say the Elite or Plus?

Just noticed your reply that you've your parts on standby, so the Tomahawk isn't really an option. From what I've seen some retailers were suggesting some dates for when it'd be available but nothing's for certain.

The Strix F would be the best out of the boards I mentioned - the VRMs are identical to the TUF, but it has a better audio codec, Intel LAN and arguably nicer looks. Other than that, the TUF Plus just drops some of the bells and whistles. The Aorus Elite would be right behind these two, with its slightly weaker VRMs but Intel LAN which the TUF lacks.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Just noticed your reply that you've your parts on standby, so the Tomahawk isn't really an option. From what I've seen some retailers were suggesting some dates for when it'd be available but nothing's for certain.

The Strix F would be the best out of the boards I mentioned - the VRMs are identical to the TUF, but it has a better audio codec, Intel LAN and arguably nicer looks. Other than that, the TUF Plus just drops some of the bells and whistles. The Aorus Elite would be right behind these two, with its slightly weaker VRMs but Intel LAN which the TUF lacks.

Soo many options, been surfing YouTube videos for the past 2 days looking at reviews and kind of stuck on what options.

The Strix-F looks great but is it worth the extra funds, then Elite or Plus... this is hard!

What is your time frame for upgrading? A good B450 should support the sparse upgrader's needs very well with your build.

1 minute ago, TrueTaylor said:

What is your time frame for upgrading? A good B450 should support the sparse upgrader's needs very well with your build.

Finally some1 that sees more that x570

10 minutes ago, TrueTaylor said:

Just passed over my B450?

12 minutes ago, Mista G said:

Soo many options, been surfing YouTube videos for the past 2 days looking at reviews and kind of stuck on what options.

The Strix-F looks great but is it worth the extra funds, then Elite or Plus... this is hard!

Imo the TUF Plus offers everything you really need. I've a mate that initially got the Elite to run with his 3700X and failed to POST after a day, though it could've been an early BIOS issue, as there were quite a few near the Zen 2 launch, then got the Plus and it's been running perfectly ever since.

Imo the TUF Plus offers everything you really need. I've a mate that initially got the Elite to run with his 3700X and failed to POST after a day, though it could've been an early BIOS issue, as there were quite a few near the Zen 2 launch, then got the Plus and it's been running perfectly ever since.

Been seeing a lot of issues with early adoption but not sure what it the situation is today. Just watching a video on the Strix-F and noticed it's on a deal right now for £249.

Just passed over my B450?

Yes. But out side of the motherboard what are you plans for upgrading other components? Are you planning on grabbing next gen ryzen chips right away? Are you a heavy overclocker? Are you familiar with BIOS Flashing?

These are things to consider and depending on the circumstances getting another B450 might make more sense. 

Just now, TrueTaylor said:

Yes. But out side of the motherboard what are you plans for upgrading other components? Are you planning on grabbing next gen ryzen chips right away? Are you a heavy overclocker? Are you familiar with BIOS Flashing?

These are things to consider and depending on the circumstances getting another B450 might make more sense. 

All of the above, but on a budget.

Been seeing a lot of issues with early adoption but not sure what it the situation is today. Just watching a video on the Strix-F and noticed it's on a deal right now for £249.

It's definitely a lot better now.

On AWD-IT it's going for £229.99 at the moment, while the TUF is £184.99.

It's definitely a lot better now.

On AWD-IT it's going for £229.99 at the moment, while the TUF is £184.99.

Cracking find... unfortunately out-of-stock!

3 minutes ago, Mista G said:

Cracking find... unfortunately out-of-stock!

Could've sworn it was in stock when I first checked haha, what a shame.

In that case, if you want to buy now, so no waiting for B550 or the X570 Tomahawk, I'd say go for the TUF X570-PLUS.

Could've sworn it was in stock when I first checked haha, what a shame.

In that case, if you want to buy now, so no waiting for B550 or the X570 Tomahawk, I'd say go for the TUF X570-PLUS.

Noticed the Plus is going for a great price too, missed out on some right deals there.