Purchase Laptop for Graphic Designing & Gaming

Hi I intend to purchase a laptop in a month or so. My Budget is around 60-80 thousand Indian Rupees.
I usually game AAA titles now and then but not fulltime. Im looking for a laptop that has good colour accuracy, and good graphic card and can handle tasks like blender, Photoshop , illustrator maybe a little video editing , maya , auto cad alongside multi tasking.Id prefer a laptop that has good battery life and looking to use it for a long run. Id appreciate your suggestions. I was personally looking for a budget lap earlier but i have been told I'd atleast be needing a an i7 - 8 gen or an i9 - 8 gen.Seems a little too steep. I'm open to the AMD side for the CPU bit if it happens to be more budget friendly and is able to deliver in an around those expectations.But if you guys happen to have experience doing the same.

Doo let me know what you'd suggest. Im on a tight budget honestly if i could spend lesser id rather doo that.

Thanks in advance! 

3 minutes ago, Scorpion94 said:

Hi I intend to purchase a laptop in a month or so. My Budget is around 60-80 thousand Indian Rupees.
I usually game AAA titles now and then but not fulltime. Im looking for a laptop that has good colour accuracy, and good graphic card and can handle tasks like blender, Photoshop , illustrator maybe a little video editing , maya , auto cad alongside multi tasking.Id prefer a laptop that has good battery life and looking to use it for a long run. Id appreciate your suggestions. I was personally looking for a budget lap earlier but i have been told I'd atleast be needing a an i7 - 8 gen or an i9 - 8 gen.Seems a little too steep. I'm open to the AMD side for the CPU bit if it happens to be more budget friendly and is able to deliver in an around those expectations.But if you guys happen to have experience doing the same.

Doo let me know what you'd suggest. Im on a tight budget honestly if i could spend lesser id rather doo that.

Thanks in advance! 

If you are doing actual graphic design, you want to make sure the screen is IPS and the GPU is at least a Quadro x2000/x3000 part. If you are going to use the same laptop for gaming, a GTX 1060/1050Ti (equal to a P3000 or P1000) is passable, but usually gaming laptops look less like business laptops other than the Lenovo models.

Basically asking for a business laptop that is budget friendly runs afoul of the "good, cheap, fast, pick two", as business laptops tend to be more expensive, and somewhat better build quality, they're usually the ones that have the slowest parts (eg quadros are expensive but usually only mid-tier gaming GPU's at best.)  A gaming unit will be cheaper, have faster parts, but the durability will be questionable, and be much larger and heavier. And small, slow, cheap, laptops are usually incredibly useless for all but web browsing.

Keep in mind that both nVidia and AMD GPU's are identical for their gaming and business workstation versions, and it's mostly just drivers that make the distinction. In some cases, with AMD parts, you can actually install the driver in either FireGL or Radeon mode. Not so with the nVidia parts.

There are no laptops with "long battery life" that aren't a compromise on the CPU and GPU. For example a Lattitude 7x90 can have an 8 hour battery life, but the iGPU sucks so much that cad programs have literately caused the hardware to fail. Precision 55x0 models (thin and light) have M1000/M1200 or P1000/P1200's in them, which are equal to a 1050Ti tier gaming GPU, but they will be screaming whenever you use a CAD program on them for long periods of time, and the office has had only one fail from thermal issues so far. The Precision 77x0/75x0's are the exact same hardware configuration as the Precision 55x0 model, though it allows for more RAM, and I've never run into a "thermal damage" on them. However they are not thin, very heavy, and the 17" 7730 and later models are usually only about 30% worse than a i7-x700K model desktop of the same configuration. 

Or in other words, pick the laptop based on what you will primarily be doing (gaming or work), and how much money to spend based on the most demanding program you will regularly be using (eg CAD, needs a better workstation GPU. Photoshop and Premiere Pro will pass with weaker GPU's) 

My experience with Dell, HP, and Lenovo, I'd probably still pick the Dell over the other two, but the differences are not that significant unless you like to tweak things in the BIOS. There is not very much to tweak on Lenovo's. Dell's are very tweakable, but usually not for performance. HP's are usually very tweakable on high-end models, but again, usually not for performance. Mostly it's around security and chipset/cpu security and management features.

So if you are primarily doing CAD work, the Dell Precision 7740/7750 is probably what you are looking for. If you are doing gaming primarily, I'd probably dispense with the notion that you were going to use it for work and go straight to a Sager model with what you actually want.

Hey Kisai,

Im going to mainly use it for gaming and digital stuff. Im not too sure if its going to involve a lot of cad. Though i might be using 3d software's like zbrush and blender and more down the lines of Photoshop, illustrator and other stuff. Im alright with the rig being a flashy or a gaming laptop but was hoping to see my options. Im checking out Sager models though.