White internal USB 3.0 extension cable/ way to change current.

Npiet1

Hi

Anyone know how to change the internal USB 3.0 cable to white? I can't use paracord as it's hardwired between the front I/O and the connector, is there some sort of plastic dip I could use that would still look like a bought cable? I did look at the extension cable but its $50 (aud) for the cablemod version (only version) and I just can't justify the price. I've managed to get every single other visible cable white except that one. I've got an Old case to test on before I use my new one.

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x  

26 minutes ago, Npiet1 said:

Hi

Anyone know how to change the internal USB 3.0 cable to white? I can't use paracord as it's hardwired between the front I/O and the connector, is there some sort of plastic dip I could use that would still look like a bought cable? I did look at the extension cable but its $50 (aud) for the cablemod version (only version) and I just can't justify the price. I've managed to get every single other visible cable white except that one. I've got an Old case to test on before I use my new one.

Tape of the ends and paint it white?

Put a cable sleeve over it?

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Tape of the ends and paint it white?

Put a cable sleeve over it?

Can't sleeve as it's soldered to the front panel and you can't depin the socket.

I thought about paint but won't it flake?

1 hour ago, Npiet1 said:

Can't sleeve as it's soldered to the front panel and you can't depin the socket.

I thought about paint but won't it flake?

Why can't you sleeve it? Just get some cable sleeving that is very stretchy or regular ones, cut a clean line and sow it back together. It's not hard to do. Things like plastidip won't flake but can rip. Normal paints on a cable can work for some time but will eventually crack.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just get some cable sleeving that is very stretchy

Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

or regular ones, cut a clean line and sow it back together.

They're braided, if I cut a clean line it will unravel.

4 minutes ago, Npiet1 said:

Any suggestions?

They're braided, if I cut a clean line it will unravel.

Depending on the ones you get. I've used ones in the past that have an internal mesh that allows you to do that as they stated to be cut in any direction. Got them from aliexpress ages ago so no clue where you'd buy them.

As for the stretchy kind I used some frabic tube thingies from the local arts and crafts store.