GPU isnt being detected

bkbone

Got a Strix GTX 980 ti from a mate because he wasn't able to get it to display anything. Plugged it into my brand new build all completely new parts expect the gpu and also had the same problem. I found out it isnt detected in device manager or NVIDIA control panel.

I dont have integrated graphics im using a gt 710 in the bottom slot for troubleshooting.
New Windows 10 install
Latest drivers are installed including GPU and chipset drivers
I have the latest bios
Iv looked for settings to play around with in the bios but cant seem to find much other than changing pcie gen although iv never used gigabyte motherboards before.
Looked for any hidden devices in device manager but found nothing relevant
I ran this command bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable
Tried with a different monitor
Tried hdmi, dvi and dp
Im also running the pc plugged into a wall socket not through a power board

Specs are

R5 3600
Gigabyte arous elite b450
2x8gb gskill ripjaws v
256gb Toshiba SSD
And the 980ti + gt710

PSU is a Corsair cs750m but iv also tried with a antec ea650g pro
Not sure what to try next so suggestions would be great.

It's probably just a dead GPU if it is not working on both displays 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Pull the cooler and backplate off and look around the PCB for any damage. You can find plenty of vids on youtube showing what to look for. If you find some damage, the card is probably kaput, otherwise it might be worth trying to do a reflow of the solder. Again, tons of tutorials for that on Youtube

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.