Ryzen 3300X High Temperature while Idle

Hello, I build a PC after a long hiatus, but unfortunately my temperatures and CPUs fans seems to run high all the time. I tried to set custom fan curve, but to no success. It jumps from 50ish up to 70ish degrees even though im just browsing web. It seems to stay at around the same temperatures while gaming, but that fan noise while iddle is verry annoying

My specs are: 

Mobo:Asrock b450M

GC: RX 580

CPU:R3 3300X

PSU:CV 550

RAM: HyperX 3200mhz

SSD:Kingston 2000 NVMe

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB

That's normal for Zen 2. They will boost 2 cores up to much higher than they can achieve all cores while under light load as this speeds up those low intensity high frequency tasks like OS background stuff and web browsing.

That said 70c seems high even for idle boosting and fan noise shouldn't be an issue. Do you have any heat paste? Try removing the cooler, cleaning off the old paste, adding some fresh and reseating.

Also make sure to grab the latest X570 Chipset Driver direct from AMD.com as it contains a custom power profile designed to help Zen 2 CPUs run more optimally in Windows 10.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's normal for Zen 2. They will boost 2 cores up to much higher than they can achieve all cores while under light load as this speeds up those low intensity high frequency tasks like OS background stuff and web browsing.

That said 70c seems high even for idle boosting and fan noise shouldn't be an issue. Do you have any heat paste? Try removing the cooler, cleaning off the old paste, adding some fresh and reseating.

Also make sure to grab the latest X570 Chipset Driver direct from AMD.com as it contains a custom power profile designed to help Zen 2 CPUs run more optimally in Windows 10.

I do not have X570 mobo, im rocking b450

Just now, weisovski said:

I do not have X570 mobo, im rocking b450

OK, just grab the ones specific to your board.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Also ive noticed that while my CPU utilization is under 10%, my clock speed is flactuating between 3.8 to 4.4 ghz each few secs

The temps are fine, if the noise is annoying you get a better cooler or set a custom fan curve with less fluctuation.

those temps are fine for 3300x, all its cores are on same CCX packed together, whic produces alot of heat

Some websites have horrendously large amounts of scripts. Do you have a million tabs open and do you use ad blocking? Some websites are dicks, but normal web browsing should not be ramping up your CPU frequency.