New bios update needed

DewisLavid

Hi, 

ive just built a new pc, Tuf b450m gaming motherboard, Ryzen 3600, gtx 1070, 16gb corsair vengeance  2400mhz ram, 128gb ssd which has windows 10 installed on it, 1tb hard drive and a Corsair 450w 80 plus bronze power supply in a Corsair carbide 275r Case and im pretty sure I’ve installed everything correctly, I checked the compatibility multiple times before purchasing the parts and everything was compatible, everything powers on I can see all the parts are working but I cannot get the pc to detect the display I’ve tried 2 different displays using HDMI and Display Port. Does anyone know why this could be, it may be something very simple that I’m missing.

it may be a bios update needed and if I do that will I be able to download the bios update and put it on a usb stick and then plug it into the new pc and update it like this?

(sorry for the essay)

Probably needs a BIOS flash to work. Try the one I attached. Its the latest one from ASUS. If you want https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/ you can download it form there.

TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING-ASUS-2006.zip

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

as far as i know the 450M tuf should be compatible out of the box with the 3600. can you get into the bios or is there no display at all?

That motherboard is not Ryzen 3000 supported out of the box, so yes it does need a bios update. However, that motherboard does not support a bios update with just a USB, you need a CPU that already works without a bios update (a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen CPU).

if you need a bios update, you are going to have a bad time because the TUF does not have BIOS Flashback

2 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

as far as i know the 450M tuf should be compatible out of the box with the 3600. can you get into the bios or is there no display at all?

No display at all unfortunately 

1 minute ago, _Omega_ said:

if you need a bios update, you are going to have a bad time because the TUF does not have BIOS Flashback

Ok and if it’s not the bios is there any other things that you could suggest is wrong?

you should try to find the cheapest 1. or 2. Gen CPU that you can get to update the bios... or if possible return the mainboard and get one with bios Flashback ( MSI B450 MAX)

2 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

Ok and if it’s not the bios is there any other things that you could suggest is wrong?

I seems to be the BIOS. @The_russian  is right the TUF GAMING does not support Ryzen 3000 out of the box

3 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

I mean not much unless you have a dead gpu highly doubt this though. Cause you are not even getting a post.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

3 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

I seems to be the BIOS. @The_russian  is right the TUF GAMING does not support Ryzen 3000 out of the box

Oh it says on the box Of the cpu and a card within a leaflet in the box of the cpu that motherboards that show “AMD ryzen 3000 Desktop ready label on the box are compatible without requiring bios update” and it has this on the box of the motherboard 

Just now, DewisLavid said:

Oh it says on the box Of the cpu and a card within a leaflet in the box of the cpu that motherboards that show “AMD ryzen 3000 Desktop ready label on the box are compatible without requiring bios update” and it has this on the box of the motherboard 

well thats strange, i would try contacting ASUS support 

One very stupid question you didn’t try the Mainboard Display outputs?

so do you get picture from igpu? said that windows 10 was installed, so that implies it worked once.

do you get picture in the bios? 

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

1 minute ago, Snowarch said:

so do you get picture from igpu? said that windows 10 was installed, so that implies it worked once.

the R5 3600 does not have has a iGPU

1 minute ago, Snowarch said:

No display at all, the ssd was from a previous system of mine with windows 10 installed on it

3 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

One very stupid question you didn’t try the Mainboard Display outputs?

I’ve tried that and unfortunately same thing happens, I’ve just seen somewhere online that the cpu power cable may be the wrong way around do you think that this will be the main issue?

6 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

well thats strange, i would try contacting ASUS support 

I will get onto them in a minute if I can

can you get a post with ssd out of the system?

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

7 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

I’ve tried that and unfortunately same thing happens, I’ve just seen somewhere online that the cpu power cable may be the wrong way around do you think that this will be the main issue?

that could be a issue but the CPU 8 Pin shouldnt fit the wrong way around

6 minutes ago, Snowarch said:

can you get a post with ssd out of the system?

I will give that a try after trying the ram again and the cpu power connector may be the wrong way( i will be so mad if it is)

1 minute ago, _Omega_ said:

that could be a issue but the CPU 8 Pin shouldnt fit the wrong way around

I know I didn’t force it in there so it must be the right way around then, just down to the ram and ssd then

You can't physically install the CPU power wrong way - each connector is slotted, it won't fit the other way. The locking mechanism is only on one side as well. One would have to be really out of mind to get that in.

Are all the parts new? Do GPU fans start spinning?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

5 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

You can't physically install the CPU power wrong way - each connector is slotted, it won't fit the other way. The locking mechanism is only on one side as well. One would have to be really out of mind to get that in.

Are all the parts new? Do GPU fans start spinning?

Ok that reassures me that it isn’t that then, 

Gpu ssd Ram and HDD are from my previous PC but apart from those everything is brand new and all of the components were full functioning on my previous pc, all fans are spinning, the RGB light from the motherboard is working all front panel connectors are working, only thing that has been suggested that it could possibly be is the ram but would the PC not display the bios without any RAM?

27 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

Ok that reassures me that it isn’t that then, 

Gpu ssd Ram and HDD are from my previous PC but apart from those everything is brand new and all of the components were full functioning on my previous pc, all fans are spinning, the RGB light from the motherboard is working all front panel connectors are working, only thing that has been suggested that it could possibly be is the ram but would the PC not display the bios without any RAM?

PC won't POST if there is no RAM or if it has trouble communicating with it. Try reseating the RAM, try different slots.

You can try resetting the CMOS/BIOS just to be sure there isn't some old/broken configuration stored.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+