My 2nd ever build.

Gillbatez_sicromoft

I am 2 for 2 on builds as I completely taught myself how to do it through youtube videos and both times, I was able to POST on the first push of the power button. I wanted something I could play demanding games on without spending 4000 bucks on an alienware pre built system, So I decided to do it myself.  My ultimate goal for this build is to surpass the Xbox series X, so I was able to get all of the essential components and I have it up and running but I am not completely done with it yet.

For my CPU, I decided to go with Ryzen 7 3800x because the Xbox Series X's CPU is a custom chip from AMD but it is roughly equivalent to a 3700x, So I decided to go with the 3800x because I know I will meet or exceed the series x in processing power. Decided to go with the G.Skill Trident Z 32gb  ram since the series X has 16gb of ram and I will be surpassing it on the memory. for my motherboard, I decided to go with the MSI meg ace x570. This is a higher quality motherboard than I had before and it has PCIe 4.0, I think it could last me a few years. For storage, I went with a WD blue SATA 1tb SSD and added my 2TB HDD that is mostly blank from the old build. I am also re using my old PSU as it was the only way to get this going since I literally could not find a decent power supply anywhere. I have an EVGA supernova 850w G5 on backorder  but right now I am using my old Corsair cx650 non modular PSU. I did not feel like it was worth it to upgrade my graphics card since Nvidia's Ampere will be here in a few months, so for now I am re using my EVGA 2070 non super. Also, I did some research and I believe the only GPU that surpasses the Xbox series X right now is the 2080 ti, I am pretty sure Ampere will absolutely destroy or at least surpass the PS5 and the series X since I mean this is PC. 

Upgrades:

PSU first. 

Maybe an aftermarket cooler.

Nvidia Ampere when it comes out 

Maybe Ryzen 4 if its much better than what I have now. 

Congrats on a second successful build.    I have only built 1 PC so far, but more will be in my future.

2 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

Congrats on a second successful build.    I have only built 1 PC so far, but more will be in my future.

I am hoping I will be able to game in 60fps on 4k when I'm completely done. 

7 hours ago, Gillbatez_sicromoft said:

I am hoping I will be able to game in 60fps on 4k when I'm completely done. 

That capability will be determined mostly by the GPU and the developer.  In the past, many PC games that were also on console ran poorly due to the developer.   Let's hope that since the consoles are now custom PCs that developers stop doing sloppy ports between console/pc.