Kernel-Power Event 41

Hi guys,

Wondering if someone can shed some light on a situation for me. I was gaming earlier this evening and got a BSOD. When the system came back up I checked the event viewer to see this string of critiical events. Now my system is only 5 months old, full up to date on drivers and all sorts and this is the first time it has BSOD but according to that event log its faced this error MULTIPLE times. It most definately hasnt rebooted before so I am at a loss. I am currently going through the usual fixes I can think off but no luck.

Can anyone explain this event and why I have only suffered one BSOD and zero reboots yet have a log this densly packed?

Thanks

Error.jpeg

it can be caused by driver issues, in your case, it probably is. any issues with sound devices, or any other? worst case, you may have to do a windows reinstall to clear it up. also, what was the bsod error, if you have it?

13 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

it can be caused by driver issues, in your case, it probably is. any issues with sound devices, or any other? worst case, you may have to do a windows reinstall to clear it up. also, what was the bsod error, if you have it?

Hi,

I got the following error when I hit the BSOD

Stop Code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I did a hard disk scan, memory diag, virus scan nothing popped up.

Sorry forgot to add, no issues that I can detect anyway. Everything runs smoothly enough. I mainly play Star Wars The Old Republic but that game is an unoptimized mess anyway that pushes my CPU (Ryzen 7 2700X) harder than anything else lol

I might just delete that game as it causes me nothing but issues

27 minutes ago, dom_kai said:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

that somewhat narrows it down. is your ram running in xmp? could try disabling the page file. also, couldn't hurt to try, open cmd(admin) enter "sfc /scannow"

15 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

that somewhat narrows it down. is your ram running in xmp? could try disabling the page file. also, couldn't hurt to try, open cmd(admin) enter "sfc /scannow"

Well I tried the sfc scan and it said Windows found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

I am running XMP profile 2 on 16gb of corsair vengenance lpx should I still remove the profile? What sort of performance effect will that have on my system?

4 minutes ago, dom_kai said:

Well I tried the sfc scan and it said Windows found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

I am running XMP profile 2 on 16gb of corsair vengenance lpx should I still remove the profile? What sort of performance effect will that have on my system?

i would try running it with xmp disabled if you continue having the issue after the sfc repair. depending on how high your xmp has the ram, you would likely see programs load slightly slower without it, maybe slight fps drop. it would be more to diagnose if that is the issue. if xmp is the issue, you would then want to figure out how to get it running stable.