Anyone hear of a problem with Aorus Gigabyte MB shipment to Amazon?

So in the process of collecting the parts for my first ever PC build.  I've been a long time computer (Go back to the TRS-80s in elementary school) and done just about everything short of actually build from parts.  Usually I only upgrade when someone in the old one breaks, at which point I want to upgrade now, not wait for parts to ship so I've always just bought off the shelf.  Anyway, that's a side story...

The main story: In late April I had my parts picked out and I wanted and Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570 MB.  But it was out of stock on Amazon and NewEgg.  I was content to wait a bit because I was saving up the cash for this as well.  But then I started noticing that other MBs were going out stock all over.  Amazon had a shipment of Aorus X570 Ultra (a step up from the Pro) that were due in mid-May, and fearing that due to Corona Virus there might be a shortage of MBs I went and ordered the Ultra.  It's a few bucks more for not a whole lot of improvement, but there was some improvements and it wasn't too much more.  I was okay with it.

Well, this morning my MB was due to arrive tomorrow, which I expected it to not be on time as it still hadn't even been marked as shipped.  But then a few hours later I checked again just to see if there was updated info... and there was! :(  Now my MB is expected sometime between June 2nd and June 16th.  What?!?

I ended up chatting with a support person at Amazon and after complaining for a bit I mentioned that there was a problem with the shipment and rather than send out board which would just result in people having to return them and take more time, Amazon isn't shipping out those items.  I wish I'd taken a screen shot of his exact words, but it was something to that effect.

What I'm wondering is if this is just a line that they are spinning or if there was a bad batch of boards or if the shipment got damaged in transit or what.  So just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this.

It's a bummer that I might have to wait an extra two weeks to build my PC... I know, I know... first world problems and all that.  Hopefully it just comes closer to the June 2nd rather than the June 16th date.

You can still cancel the order if it hasn't shipped and order elsewhere or a different board, if it was on backorder which sounds like it was then they likely didn't get the shipment or you were lower on the list and they ran out of stock before getting to you. You can cancel and order it from a different site or a different board. Or just wait, I'm sure this next one will actually arrive between or on the date they specified. That's why I try not to back order things.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Yeah, the problem is that x570s are out of stock virtually everywhere I look!  Well, the ones that I'd buy away.  There's some low end ones I've seen in stock and some highend ones as well, but in the 200-300 price range I'm not seeing much of anything.

You're probably right that I was just lower on the list.  I'm not a Prime member and I selected free shipping, so that probably didn't help me status.  But I ordered on May 2nd and they were saying it was due in mid-May, so I really had thought it would be delivered in the time they said it would.

I guess I just need to practice patience.  But if I haven't learned to be patient in the first 48 years of life, I doubt I'm going to learn it in the next three weeks! :)  The (somewhat) good news is that I don't have all my other parts yet, so it's not like I could build right now anyway.