Mobo for 3200g that works out of box?

4 minutes ago, Soth said:

My friend is building a PC soon and he is a noob, I want something that doesnt need the bios flashed but i cant tell which boards that is.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hpRzK8/gigabyte-b450m-ds3h-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-ds3h

will something like this work out of the box?

no this wont work out of the box youll need a bios update. i suggest getting something like the msi b450 tomahawk max arguably the best b450 motherboard (after the carbon ac version)

Anything Ryzen 3000 Desktop ready. Most boards B350, X370, B450, and X470 come with the bios updates preinstalled to work, they will say "Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready" on the box or it will be listed in the description. It's been long enough the old stock of non-updated boards should be gone and any board you buy should be ready to go out of the box, however it's not a 100% guarantee. The best way to know is to contact the seller and ask if the boards they are shipping out have the update before you buy it. If you are ordering the DS3H from Amazon it should have the update as the last two of that board I have ordered from Amazon have had the updates, but it doesn't hurt to double check with the seller first.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

6 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

no this wont work out of the box youll need a bios update. i suggest getting something like the msi b450 tomahawk max arguably the best b450 motherboard (after the carbon ac version)

As long as it has the update preinstalled it will work, pretty much all of the old stock of boards without the update is gone, most boards that work with 3000 are shipping out with the update and are ready to go even B350 and X370 boards, OP will just want to double check with the seller if it is new stock with the update or old without it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

13 minutes ago, Soth said:

My friend is building a PC soon and he is a noob, I want something that doesnt need the bios flashed but i cant tell which boards that is.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hpRzK8/gigabyte-b450m-ds3h-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-ds3h

will something like this work out of the box?

Any MSI B450 MAX, or other mobos or any b550, or x570 mobos. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU