How to Dual Boot For Work/Play

Hello All,

I'm not a crazy computer wiz, I've built a couple PCs and fiddled around with some programming but nothing major. I just got a new laptop, a Razer Blade 15, but I want to use it for work and gaming. I wanted to partition the drive into two sections, one with about 150gb of space for work (I don't need a lot because most items are in the cloud or very small), and another drive with the rest of the storage for gaming. When I boot up my laptop I want to be presented with the option to choose the gaming partition, or the work partition.

Is this possible and can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know how to do this? It would be very much appreciated.

Are you running a different OS for work/gaming? If not, why not just have separate users and login as work/play depending on what you're doing? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

19 minutes ago, Jooosh said:

Hello All,

I'm not a crazy computer wiz, I've built a couple PCs and fiddled around with some programming but nothing major. I just got a new laptop, a Razer Blade 15, but I want to use it for work and gaming. I wanted to partition the drive into two sections, one with about 150gb of space for work (I don't need a lot because most items are in the cloud or very small), and another drive with the rest of the storage for gaming. When I boot up my laptop I want to be presented with the option to choose the gaming partition, or the work partition.

Is this possible and can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know how to do this? It would be very much appreciated.

During windows installation you can choose where to install it. instead of using a whole disk, you can choose to only use a certain amount of it's space