F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

8 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

Same data, different name, that entry is showing the same backend processor as a KO so I changed the name. Can you give me the make and exact model of your 2060 so I can make a note in the dB code it’s actually a 2060 if that entry shows up in the data in this case.

thanks

It was working correctly it's only just started to be compared to the KO and it's doing it for both my cards.

My cards are - EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB

Added - Also I have the extention open in it's own window going 24/7 in "no sleep mode", "disable Animations" and every now and then for some reason it the page will refresh and it will go back to normal mode. At first I thought it might be a problem with Chrome logging me out but I've fixed that problem and it's still happening.

Edited by marknd59
Added

Would it be possible for the extension to remember no sleep mode? As it is every time I boot my PC up in starts in defaut mode so probably isn't sending data for a couple of WUs until I remember to actually navigate to the tab and set it to no sleep again.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 hours ago, marknd59 said:

It was working correctly it's only just started to be compared to the KO and it's doing it for both my cards.

My cards are - EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB

Added - Also I have the extention open in it's own window going 24/7 in "no sleep mode", "disable Animations" and every now and then for some reason it the page will refresh and it will go back to normal mode. At first I thought it might be a problem with Chrome logging me out but I've fixed that problem and it's still happening.

That will be the F@H service glitching or restarting.

There is a session ID in the F@H system, if the SID gets out of sync with the service on the system and the one the browser is still trying to use to communicate it will reset / refresh the page.    There is nothing I can do to override this behavior in the F@H service from  Chrome.

@Kilrah has requested a way to make the extension to remember it was in no sleep mode.   This might be the best solution to both issues, I could look in to keeping a few of these types of settings in long term cookies so if the session or browser (updates) resets etc. it loads to the same state it was in last.

I will give this a look asap.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

The latest version of the extension has been submitted to Google for review.

It will use the extension storage system to hold the last known state of no sleep and animation modes that should persist beyond page refreshes and browser updates.

This required adding the storage permission to the extension which requires additional review from Google so I will keep you posted as to when it's cleared and published, but it may be a little longer than usual.

Thanks to @Kilrah @marknd59 for questions and comments leading to this feature addition.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

You should add a link to this thread on the extension so more people can give feedback. Probably in the text below the main window. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Yep +1, thought about it some time ago but forgot to mention.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

Hi Everyone,

The latest version v1.1.1 is available now.

This version is the one that uses extension storage to remember your no sleep and animations settings.

Enjoy,

Cheers.

Cool! 

...although no more folding for me right now, massive heat wave 🥵

F@H

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Cool! 

...although no more folding for me right now, massive heat wave 🥵

I hear ya, I'm down to one card at the moment... my office got way beyond sensible considering I work in it all day.

20 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

Hi Everyone,

The latest version v1.1.1 is available now.

This version is the one that uses extension storage to remember your no sleep and animations settings.

Enjoy,

Cheers.

I've been using v1.1.1 and it does remember no sleep and animations settings when the page refreshes itself for whatever reason. 👍

On 7/4/2020 at 8:37 AM, LazyDev said:

Whoops. Sorry about this.. Not sure why my card is going nuts.

Screenshot_212.png

No worries, the db uses averages of scores in the event of something like this on a particular WU etc. it will move the needle up, but the more regular WU's will pull it back down in  to the normal range over a little time.

I got project 14460 on my 2080S the other day and there were no samples for that combo in the DB... but it still doesn't show up on https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_by_wu.

Do you need multiple samples before it appears?

F@H

GPD Win 2

You're running one of the "covid moonshot" projects which have widely varying PPD. Some are less than half the "usual", some a lot more. 

F@H

GPD Win 2

18 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You're running one of the "covid moonshot" projects which have widely varying PPD. Some are less than half the "usual", some a lot more. 

welp, seems like i'm just incredibly unlucky then,

right nowi'm doing a 16908 for 800K on a RTX 2080. i normally get over 2M out of this card :(

Yep, for nearly a week now I've also only had low yield WUs...

F@H

GPD Win 2

Hey is there any chance you can add total number of clients to the https://folding.lar.systems/ homepage, I just like statistics tbh

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@LAR_Systems update, finally updated my folding client, still showing the wrong point total. 

image.png.b09a47227474b4372a6f3abd178a4b47.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 7/13/2020 at 8:06 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

Hey is there any chance you can add total number of clients to the https://folding.lar.systems/ homepage, I just like statistics tbh

I don't have a way to do that at the moment as for privacy purposes I'm not tracking distinct users / machines.  

I'm working on an update to control multiple systems from one client that would be based on your username / API key combo... then I could do it... but i would need users to opt in / update privacy policy etc.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:54 AM, marknd59 said:

Could do with the Screen caps undated too so GOTSpectrum can start to go around and pimp the extention and poach recute some new team members.

?

5 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

I don't have a way to do that at the moment as for privacy purposes I'm not tracking distinct users / machines.  

I'm working on an update to control multiple systems from one client that would be based on your username / API key combo... then I could do it... but i would need users to opt in / update privacy policy etc.

For pimping purposes... the user count is on the extension page... perhaps I can expose that via google API to my site at some point. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/folding-at-home-in-the-da/alpjkkbjnbkddolgnicglknicbgfahoe?hl=en&authuser=0