F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

So, the following is the sort of thing that happens when you're quarantined at home and have evenings and weekends to more less let your mind wander.

TLDR: Based on the many questions and comments of folders during the last LTT folding event I made a dark mode Chrome Extension for the F@H web client with a real time PPD benchmark database that gives you feedback on your PPD by GPU model and work unit.  It also has an LTT skin when you fold for our team ID with a forum F@H badge level indicator.

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL PROJECT AND IS IN NO WAY DIRECTLY SUPPORTED OR AFFILIATED WITH LTT, IT'S FAN / ENTHUSIAST MADE.

The website with GPU/WU database: https://folding.lar.systems/
The dark mode extension link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/folding-at-home-in-the-da/alpjkkbjnbkddolgnicglknicbgfahoe

(note the screen shot on the chrome store page is the default skin, did not want to show the LTT skin as LMG does not know I did this and the skin is unofficial)

To use the extension in Chrome:

1. Make sure F@H is running on your system.
  2. Install the "Folding in the dark at home" extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/folding-at-home-in-the-da/alpjkkbjnbkddolgnicglknicbgfahoe
  3. Navigate to your local F@H client URL https://client.foldingathome.org/

THIS IS A BETA VERSION: So please be gentle as I could only test it so far on Windows 10 with the last 2 versions of the F@H software and right now it's only available for Chrome.   This is an evenings and weekends type project so any bug fixes need will be applied as so as I can.

The Team LTT Skin:

FOLDING AT HOME IN THE DARK TEAM LTT MODE screen shot

Goals of the extension:

• Look easy on the eyes, especially at night, while helping new folders to team LTT by showing a specific LTT folding skin variant if they set us as the team correctly, saw a number of people during the event that put in the team number off by 1 so yeah... (it has a default skin for other teams)
    • A sub component of the LTT skin is so that if they show the team in an LMG video again perhaps they will know they have it set to LTT and not PCMR ;)

• Reduce new folder questions to @GOTSpectrum and the event thread that are related to PPD performance
    • For PPD the client collects once an hour a users PPD, GPU and WU to build a database of PPD averages by GPU and WU ID.
    • The client then pulls from this database and displays to the user if there PPD is currently above or below the average based on their GPU and the specific WU to reduce questions like "I hear my GPU should get 2mil points, but i'm only getting 1.5mil?" because it varies by WU
    • The client uses the baseline for your GPU and the WU to show a real time indicator of % above or below the average so a user can visualize how variable PPD is on a WU while it folds different parts and if the user changes settings or usage on their machine such as competing GPU usage or over/under clocking.

• Reduce badge request thread stuff for forum admins.
    • When the client is set to team LTT it shows what forum F@H badge level you are eligible for with a link to the forum based ONLY on points submitted to team LTT to avoid confusion over a users total points (for no or other teams) vs LTT specific points.

• Provide a data backed GPU PPD database that is always current
    • The dark mode skin has direct links to https://folding.lar.systems/ which posts publicly the GPU PPD averages based on real world user submitted conditions such as changing cores, all WUs blended etc. which is useful to gauge if you're getting the most out of your card or inform buying additional ones for folding.  https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_overall 
    • There is also detailed breakdowns of a GPU model that shows how different WUs performance work to better see the variance in a cards performance.
      RTX 2080 Super Example - https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_profile?gpu_model=GeForce RTX 2080 Super
    • Don't see your GPU on the list, just start using the extension and it will become available in a few hours as data samples are collected and processed,  the more people that use the extension the more GPUs and WUs in the database. 
    • The long term goal here is to no longer have to guess what current, older or cloud GPUs can do in terms of PPD we will have real world backed data.
      • The PPD scores will adjust over time based on most recent data to account for changes to cores and drivers.

• Super user features
    • You can run the extension with the query string parameter ?nofade=true added to the end of the URL to prevent the web client from sleeping for always on monitoring.  Note this mode disables viewing your F@H total scores to be kind to the F@H API providing it that does not expect those calls 24/7.

I have lots of other ideas for the client and PPD database site but need users and interest to have GPU data samples from use to get there so please give it a look.

Cheers, and thanks for all the fun it's been so far folding with team LTT.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

So a few ideas, a nice addition would be that it gives you a warning if you have entered the team number wrong and are folding for the wrong team, this has been an ongoing issue with all folding events. 

As far as folding data, I run a good number of cards, 1080, 2060, 2070 and 980, so if the process of getting the data to you is relativity easy I can provide data on a good number of GPUs. 

Creating custom social media/share buttons will complete the look, presuming you have the ability, If not I can create the images if you like. 

Would you be able to put a picture of the folding badge you can have on this too, making it quicker for you to glance and notice a change. 

A link to the folding Community board would be nice, something like, 'Need help, Go here' (there's probably better wording to be had though) 

One other point, you may need to reach out to @jakkuh_t or someone else over at LMG to get permission to use the LTT logo in the form that you have here. 

All in all, this is f##king beautiful! Thank you for the effort you have put in here!

I have other ideas too if you are interested in them(although not all will be doable in the manner tbf), but these are the ones that sprung to mind first. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

As far as folding data, I run a good number of cards, 1080, 2060, 2070 and 980, so if the process of getting the data to you is relativity easy I can provide data on a good number of GPUs. 

it looks like it's automatic I just opened  the control page and 2 X 2060's appeared in the database.

@LAR_Systems I found a bug, seems my over 1B points are making it not too happy and it dun broke the thing!

image.png.437e2d19a633a52c8fd308c4406714d9.png

Well I'm guessing it is due to my point total.

image.png.72c165a39a78050bcbd253f79447b00e.png

image.png.08770a3cbe0b63247cf253c2976a2e07.png

Just trying to include as much info as possible here.

Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Folding Client version, 7.5.1

If you need anymore info please do let me know!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Little error in the time per WU numbers :)

image.thumb.png.65e33801fef44bb6f13bf64287684ccf.png

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@LAR_Systems I found a bug, seems my over 1B points are making it not too happy and it dun broke the thing!

image.png.437e2d19a633a52c8fd308c4406714d9.png

Well I'm guessing it is due to my point total.

image.png.72c165a39a78050bcbd253f79447b00e.png

image.png.08770a3cbe0b63247cf253c2976a2e07.png

Just trying to include as much info as possible here.

Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Folding Client version, 7.5.1

If you need anymore info please do let me know!

Thanks for all the info, it will help with the debugging. That logic should be part of the base F@H web client as I'm just styling that number.   

All that said... I'm at 1B in about 48 hours and that will help debug the issue for sure.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

4 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Thanks for all the info, it will help with the debugging. That logic should be part of the base F@H web client as I'm just styling that number.   

All that said... I'm at 1B in about 48 hours and that will help debug the issue for sure.

I disabled the plug in and it did in fact show the correct data, so it seems something with the plug in is causing the issue. 

If you'd like me to do anything specific for testing, please do let me know! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So a few ideas, a nice addition would be that it gives you a warning if you have entered the team number wrong and are folding for the wrong team, this has been an ongoing issue with all folding events. 

Creating custom social media/share buttons will complete the look, presuming you have the ability, If not I can create the images if you like. 

Would you be able to put a picture of the folding badge you can have on this too, making it quicker for you to glance and notice a change. 

A link to the folding Community board would be nice, something like, 'Need help, Go here' (there's probably better wording to be had though) 

One other point, you may need to reach out to @jakkuh_t or someone else over at LMG to get permission to use the LTT logo in the form that you have here. 

All in all, this is f##king beautiful! Thank you for the effort you have put in here!

I have other ideas too if you are interested in them(although not all will be doable in the manner tbf), but these are the ones that sprung to mind first. 

Stoked to hear any ideas you have (though we may want to do that not in public thread), the extension is built so that there is a default skin for all, and specialty skin and or features specific to LTT so some extras could be added to LTT mode to have it support events and new user on boarding.

If all this ends up being cool with LTT/LMG (Hi@jakkuh_t) it could be added as an option for new team member setup, with the idea being... if you see normal skin... you did not setup for LTT correctly etc... want to see if I can add some nag messaging to strongly encourage users to enter a passkey to the client etc. down the road.

Skin example... not TEAM LTT on the left... you setup correctly and joined LTT team on the right.
image.thumb.png.14f8c23120a5b2151bab9149d002d7a3.png

I love the idea of the badges in the client... was not sure if that was cool to do, so if you're giving me the OK, then that will be added with a future release.

The community board can be added more prominently in a future update right now the Forum is lined to the Folding area in general in the badge notification as the name/URL on the badge thread seems to change (does it have a permalink?) .

And yeah... I will admit I got lazy with the social buttons, have a few little cleanup things to do in the next version, but wanted to get the base out and running as cooler features and GPU data comparisons need more data to implement effectivly.

Also, thanks for the shout on the community thread... did not want to do that myself and come off spammy ;)

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

i installed chrome on my server just to run this. lets see how my RTX 2080Ti stacks up ;)

EDIT: aww no 2080Ti's yet :(

Knipsel.thumb.PNG.3e4f07c92f7257f5a2c5630d1948a56f.PNG

You were the first and now the GPU is in the DB, thank you for your service :)  
I hope to see a good number of 2080ti users, really interested in how it works across different WUs.

@LAR_Systems I did also tweet at LTT and F@H about the extension too, hope you are okay with this!

Literally hit the character count right on with it too lol 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Little error in the time per WU numbers :)

image.thumb.png.65e33801fef44bb6f13bf64287684ccf.png

That's a fancy 5 right?
I will look at JS time function lol.

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@LAR_Systems I did also tweet at LTT and F@H about the extension too, hope you are okay with this!

Literally hit the character count right on with it too lol 

Sounds like it was the right move for me to setup a CDN before posting here ;)  

I appreciate the support, just hope we don't hug any servers to death while I work out the bugs 

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

Sounds like it was the right move for me to setup a CDN before posting here ;)  

I appreciate the support, just hope we don't hug any servers to death while I work out the bugs 

Well, if the BOINC Pent and the FOLD RUSH(see what I did there) has shown me anything, servers gotta server yknow. They will crash, it will be fine, usually...

P.S. I also mentioned it over on the LTT Discord

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Well, if the BOINC Pent and the FOLD RUSH(see what I did there) has shown me anything, servers gotta server yknow. They will crash, it will be fine, usually...

I mean, It's their destiny right?

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

I mean, It's their destiny right?

Exactly, especially if they are running Windows LMFAO.

But seriously, this is good stuff, I really need to find some replacement RAM for this system, taking a 30-40% hit on my PPD on the large WUs on my 1080 due yo being single channel 8GB... OOF

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Not sure if this is an issue on my end but the extension doesn't work for Chrome on Linux Mint 19.3. Fresh install, permissions enabled. FAHClient v7.5.1. Default skins in incognito mode as well on both Linux and WIndows 10.

Chrome v.  83.0.4103.61

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

first to provide a 5700xt woot!!! will like to see where mine stacks lol...though just running this tonight...too hot during day lol

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

image.png.b159fcf1fcc4430c2dcd0ae54776cc3e.png

2060 KO

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

@LAR_Systems do we need to leave the extension open to to collect data or does it do it automatically?

Honorable Mentions:

F@H does not recognize my R9 380 and R9 380x therefore your plugin and database will not either.

Radeon R9 M295X in your database should be R9 380x (not mobile version as F@H thinks).

Radeon R9 200/300 Series should be R9 380.

I have given you all 3 of my active GPUs (2080 S is getting a well deserved pause until next event) but be ware if anyone is checking PPD on that 1070 (I think I am the only one with it so far), it is locked to 60% Power Limit.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

21 minutes ago, cbigfoot said:

image.png.b159fcf1fcc4430c2dcd0ae54776cc3e.png

2060 KO

Thanks for this sample, was expecting some issues like this with the hardware IDs I will give it a look.

2 minutes ago, Favebook said:

F@H does not recognize my R9 380 and R9 380x therefore your plugin and database will not either.

Radeon R9 M295X in your database should be R9 380x (not mobile version as F@H thinks).

Radeon R9 200/300 Series should be R9 380.

I have given you all 3 of my active GPUs (2080 S is getting a well deserved pause until next event) but be ware if anyone is checking PPD on that 1070 (I think I am the only one with it so far), it is locked to 60% Power Limit.

Unfortunately I can only read what they provide from the F@H hardware list as that's what the client reports. :(

As for the 1070, that sort of thing is expected and will average out with high scores etc.   Once I have enough data samples the goal is report scores in percentiles anyways to account for power targets, overclocks and factory OC / binned models of GPUs PPD.