Windows 7 on 9th gen CPU possible?

1942Springfield

I've been lurking here for a few years now and decided to build my first rig for some light gaming and productivity (mostly games):

CPU: Core i5-9600k

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z390-e

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: Dominator Platinum 2x8gb

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

OS Drive: Crucial P2 250gb m.2

Storage/games: WD Black sn750 1Tb

Cooler: H100i pro xt

(Any other info needed?)

I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 7 x64 on a 9th gen CPU?  (I plan on having Win 10 on another system but like 7 better) I have a Win 7 USB boot drive that I used on my NUC a few years ago which I modified with USB 3 drivers, but when the install beginning screen comes up for selecting language etc, no mouse and keyboard input is available.  I tried moving the mouse to different USB ports, unplugging and plugging back in with no success.

Would a PS/2 mouse solve that problem (I would need to order one)?  I'm currently using a wired Corsair M65 until I can set up my Dark Core wireless.  Or am I SOL with installing Windows 7 on my current chipset/CPU combo?

I'll definitely have more questions on my rig later and am glad to be a part of this community.

Thanks for any help!

Andrew

Install? You may have problem with unmodified usb installer. But you can boot existing installation of win7 (in rara bsod case - you can fix it using Paragon Adaptive Restore) then adjust everything using ps2 keyboard/mouse.

All of this was explained many times, so you can easily find it on this forum.

Thanks for the input everyone.  I did try doing some searching, but not much came up although maybe I would need to try different key words.

I was just curious to see if there was a way to do it at all or a not too convoluted way around it.

Guess I'll try to install Win 10 tonight.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:14 PM, 1942Springfield said:

Thanks for the input everyone.  I did try doing some searching, but not much came up although maybe I would need to try different key words.

I was just curious to see if there was a way to do it at all or a not too convoluted way around it.

Guess I'll try to install Win 10 tonight.

Do you try to do what I wrote? Just boot your existing installation?

Sometimes I think that my english is not good enough or my answers are hidden / transparent.

19 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Do you try to do what I wrote? Just boot your existing installation?

Sometimes I think that my english is not good enough or my answers are hidden / transparent.

I tried, but couldn't get past the screen where you select the language.  I tried all sorts of settings in BIOS but no luck.  I'm not too bad at figuring things out but I think this one is over my head so I installed Windows 10. 

It's still going to take a while to set it up due to pretty bad internet speed where I live.

I appreciate the input though.

2 hours ago, 1942Springfield said:

I tried, but couldn't get past the screen where you select the language.  I tried all sorts of settings in BIOS but no luck.  I'm not too bad at figuring things out but I think this one is over my head so I installed Windows 10. 

It's still going to take a while to set it up due to pretty bad internet speed where I live.

I appreciate the input though.

I'm not talking about installer. I was talking about using your previous win7 installation.

Anyway - good luck with win10.

21 hours ago, homeap5 said:

I'm not talking about installer. I was talking about using your previous win7 installation.

Anyway - good luck with win10.

Oh, now I understand lol.   I may try it on my next build when I have more time to play and trouble shoot.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, 1942Springfield said:

I've been lurking here for a few years now and decided to build my first rig for some light gaming and productivity (mostly games):

CPU: Core i5-9600k

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z390-e

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: Dominator Platinum 2x8gb

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

OS Drive: Crucial P2 250gb m.2

Storage/games: WD Black sn750 1Tb

Cooler: H100i pro xt

(Any other info needed?)

I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 7 x64 on a 9th gen CPU?  (I plan on having Win 10 on another system but like 7 better) I have a Win 7 USB boot drive that I used on my NUC a few years ago which I modified with USB 3 drivers, but when the install beginning screen comes up for selecting language etc, no mouse and keyboard input is available.  I tried moving the mouse to different USB ports, unplugging and plugging back in with no success.

Would a PS/2 mouse solve that problem (I would need to order one)?  I'm currently using a wired Corsair M65 until I can set up my Dark Core wireless.  Or am I SOL with installing Windows 7 on my current chipset/CPU combo?

I'll definitely have more questions on my rig later and am glad to be a part of this community.

Thanks for any help!

Andrew

is dead windows no supports modern hardware. I even tried to install on my computer too but is failed. if u can say that gonna work for intel 9th use ventoy disk to use more iso files install on u usb windows 7 and windows 10 and convert hard drive to mbr no  gpt I tried on gpt but doesn't work