Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ambrose_A

3d printer help

Posted · Original PosterOP

The picture is of a figure I printed in PLA. This part was the bottom of the print with supports below it.

Why is it printing so rough? How can I fix it?

A8ED9495-B41E-483F-AC29-4AC808136768.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ambrose_A said:

The picture is of a figure I printed in PLA. This part was the bottom of the print with supports below it.

Why is it printing so rough? How can I fix it?

-PIC-

With supports on the bottom it won't be perfectly smooth like it is adhered onto the bed. Depending on your slicer of choice most have an option to adjust the density of the support material including the final grid or hatched layer that the part sticks to so it doesn't have to bridge a larger gap.

17 minutes ago, W-L said:

With supports on the bottom it won't be perfectly smooth like it is adhered onto the bed. Depending on your slicer of choice most have an option to adjust the density of the support material including the final grid or hatched layer that the part sticks to so it doesn't have to bridge a larger gap.

I was thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to upload the file.

I printed it on it's back because the last print had the feet curl up off of the plate, I guess I could use a brim to help hold it down.

CE3_Hamster.gcode

3 hours ago, Ambrose_A said:

I was thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to upload the file.

I printed it on it's back because the last print had the feet curl up off of the plate, I guess I could use a brim to help hold it down.

CE3_Hamster.gcode 3.87 MB · 1 download

You may be able to get away with sitting it on the feet and using a brim, the hands/paws may be an issue since those look pretty detailed and fine. 

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

You may be able to get away with sitting it on the feet and using a brim, the hands/paws may be an issue since those look pretty detailed and fine. 

the hands did just fine, the supports worked.

I'm still getting those lines, they're just on the butt now.

5 hours ago, Ambrose_A said:

What printer do you have?

Looking at it a bit closer I can see the final grid is somewhat open closing that up slightly will lessen the amount it needs to bridge between support. It will vary on your slicer of choice but on Cura it should be your Support Roof Density.

20 hours ago, Ambrose_A said:

Are you saying your results are the same printing the model vertically? A vertical orientation for this model certainly seems ideal (haven't looked at your g-code, but maybe you could share photos front and side of model). 

14 hours ago, W-L said:

What printer do you have?

I second this question