Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CptnDank218

VPN Sudjestions

Recommended Posts

Just now, CptnDank218 said:

What VPN does Linus personally use? What are the best in your opinion? Thanks.

PIA "roll ad read"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CptnDank218 said:

What VPN does Linus personally use?

From what I remember, he has used PrivateInternetAccess.

But please remember that he is sponsored by them. He is getting paid to say they are good.

 

 

5 hours ago, CptnDank218 said:

What are the best in your opinion?

Depends on what your reason for using a VPN is.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, LAwLz said:

Depends on what your reason for using a VPN is.

Let's say I have work projects at home that deal with a lot of other people's money and I don't want anyone to able to even slightly see what I'm working on and on which (git) platforms but also what I access otherwise. For example, in my country most (if not all) external gambling sites are banned but I work for such a client based abroad. Unlocking that content without chrome extensions is a bonus.

 

Edit:

I also read somewhere that there is some performance drop in speed. Currently I'm on 75 Mbps. What drops should I expect on each VPN?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matrixatp said:

Let's say I have work projects at home that deal with a lot of other people's money and I don't want anyone to able to even slightly see what I'm working on and on which (git) platforms but also what I access otherwise. 

Then you do not want to use a VPN like PrivateInternetAccess, NordVPN, ExpressVPN or any other hosted VPN service. 

It's very important to know that a VPN does NOT mean nobody can see what you do. It only shifts who can see it. 

 

If you want data confidentiality, that is to say, you can be sure nobody but you can see files you access, then you need some type of end to end encryption. A VPN does not provide that in the scenarios. 

 

 

1 hour ago, matrixatp said:

For example, in my country most (if not all) external gambling sites are banned but I work for such a client based abroad. Unlocking that content without chrome extensions is a bonus.

That's a good example of where one of these hosted VPNs can help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×