Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SirGh0st

I looking to buy new mouse, need your help deciding

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all, I'm rocking 5 years old SteelSeries(SS) Rival 100, love it to death but scroll wheel no longer works and sensor is missing out really often so I was looking to buy new mouse in same price range 30$~. Firstly I was set on buying Rival 110 because it was basically the same mouse and I really love this type of body mouse, btw I have a claw grip if anybody wants to know. But recently I found out that SS just released Rival 3 and it's basically rival 100/110 but with newer sensor and better build quality I guess, so it's either Rival 3 or Logitech G102 (Lightsync). All my friend have this Logitech mouse (g102/g203) and they say it's amazing and recommended it to me. What would you choose from this two options? Or is there a better option you know about in this price range, could be a litter higher also. Thanks for any help/tips. Really appreciate it ;)

if you like/love the SS one and its exactly what you want in a mouse and are already comfortable with it, get that since you have familiarity with it already and it fits your grip/style already. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Vengeance LPX 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x (2018) | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 

Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

if you like/love the SS one and its exactly what you want in a mouse and are already comfortable with it, get that since you have familiarity with it already and it fits your grip/style already. 

Sure, I was going by that logic, I just heard that Logi mouse have better sensors, I don't know if it's true or not. Would like a help from someone who understands more.

3 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

Sure, I was going by that logic, I just heard that Logi mouse have better sensors, I don't know if it's true or not. Would like a help from someone who understands more.

Honestly, sensor differences aren't going to make a very noticeable difference unless you're an Esports pro. Just get whatever has the features you want, and is most comfortable for you. Personally, I've been using a G502 since 2016, and it's never failed me, but personal preference is everything when it comes to peripheral devices. 

Always remember the 80/80 rule of project management. That is, the first 80% of the project takes 80% of the time, and the last 20% of the project takes the other 80% of the time.

16 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

Hi all, I'm rocking 5 years old SteelSeries(SS) Rival 100, love it to death but scroll wheel no longer works and sensor is missing out really often so I was looking to buy new mouse in same price range 30$~. Firstly I was set on buying Rival 110 because it was basically the same mouse and I really love this type of body mouse, btw I have a claw grip if anybody wants to know. But recently I found out that SS just released Rival 3 and it's basically rival 100/110 but with newer sensor and better build quality I guess, so it's either Rival 3 or Logitech G102 (Lightsync). All my friend have this Logitech mouse (g102/g203) and they say it's amazing and recommended it to me. What would you choose from this two options? Or is there a better option you know about in this price range, could be a litter higher also. Thanks for any help/tips. Really appreciate it ;)

Lol I have my old Rival 100 sat in my drawer incase I need a spare. Worked great for me, just swapped to a MM711.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

32 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

I went from 100 to 110 to Viper mini, huge improvement every time.

26 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Honestly, sensor differences aren't going to make a very noticeable difference unless you're an Esports pro. Just get whatever has the features you want, and is most comfortable for you. Personally, I've been using a G502 since 2016, and it's never failed me, but personal preference is everything when it comes to peripheral devices. 

Totally out of price and looks horrible imo :P

20 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Lol I have my old Rival 100 sat in my drawer incase I need a spare. Worked great for me, just swapped to a MM711.

Again totally out of price range.

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I went from 100 to 110 to Viper mini, huge improvement every time.

And for the 3rd time. Out of my price range.

Can you guys read? 30$~ All of your answers are irrelevant. 

29 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

Watch this video:

Go to site:

https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-search

choose

also

top mice https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-mice

Try for the G305 or G304 (they are identical)

This will probably be the last mouse you will ever need

Wireless freedom and flawless sensor.

Safe shape and easy to claw. Its on the small side

Lightweight and runs on standard AA battery. Can be made lighter with Lithium battieries and/or mods

Mouse profile is stored in the mouse itself. Compartment for USB wireless receiver in the mouse

Set up the mouse once and you can uninstall Logitech software forever. No internal battery to limit its lifespan

Its not under $30, but a flawless wireless mouse that can last forever is just so worth it...

Peace

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

59 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

Totally out of price and looks horrible imo :P

Again totally out of price range.

And for the 3rd time. Out of my price range.

Can you guys read? 30$~ All of your answers are irrelevant. 

The rival 110 is in range? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

5 hours ago, SirGh0st said:

Razer Viper Mini, or if you have a higher budget, the Coolermaster MM710.

The Coolermaster does have a mouse button wobble issue, and it might pinch your fingers.

お前はもう死んでいる。

#MuricaParrotGang

p̩̋ą̨̟̙̼̤͇͙͔̭͚̳͓͕̘͖̪͎̰̜̝̩̭̈͗͊̍́͐̂̀̾̀̀̍̒͗͊̄̀̈̊̂͑́͟͞͝r̝̞̬͕̈͂̿̊̑͢r̡̛̛̛̥̗̳̜̩̤͈̼̭̘͙̯̬̫͎̼̦̦̳͉͓̝̮͙͉̭̖̱̼̺͂̾͒͒́̇͆͛̈́͗͐͗̓͌̌̀̒͋͐̀̓̌͂́̌̅̈́͛͘͟͜͢͟͡͠͠o͕͕͉̳͗̇̍͡ţ̣͈͈͉̲̮̘̲̩̺̗̯̤̠̹̖̩̼͚̜̣̄̆̈͋́̓̄̊͛̉̂͋̑̀̀̈́͂́̕͘̚͘͟͠

Sold the Louqe Ghost build for profit cause why not

Spoiler

Fred the Smoller PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a
GPU: Gigabyte 5600XT  Windforce II

RAM: 16gb Ripjaws V 3600mhz C18
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I WiFi

Case: Dan Case A4 V4.1

Storage:

SSD: 2tb Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVMe

Are you ready to have a bad time?