Low speed on card, Help please

TomasFer

Hey! Ive got a zotac 2070 super twin fan, the problem is I resetted my pc, before the reset I used msi afterburner to get the card from 1905 mhz to 2040 mhz (+130 on core clock) and from 7001 mhz to 8001mhz (+1000 memore clock) the thing is that after the reset I want on msi after burner, put the same values (+130 and +1000) but i get max 1910 mhz and 7001 mhz, also the values fluctuate a lot, like right now with no usage values are at 700 core and 800 memory, which wasnt the case before, the values were always on minimum 1700 mhz core and always 80001 mhz memory. Im sure there is a setting for it but I did it long time ago so i dont know how to do it again.

image.png.bd5767f337732666756d8dc599b954e5.png

So here, on the picture if you take a look at the arrows for base and boost, before reset the base was a lot to the left, closer to the boost one, that is the maximum speed i got when using the overclock scanner from MSI, even tho these speed is not low at all, I would like it to go back to normal.

Thanks for anyone helping in advance! :)

downclocking is normal when theres no load applied,running at high speeds all the time just uses more power

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

downclocking is normal when theres no load applied,running at high speeds all the time just uses more power

The thing is that before reset it got to higher speeds (2040 mhz) and I know downclocking with no load is good powerwise, but why did it change on the first place, before it wasnt like that

1 minute ago, emosun said:

you also can't expect consistency if nothing about the machine is consistent. 

What do you mean by what, before reset the card had consistent numbers

Just now, TomasFer said:

What do you mean by what, before reset the card had consistent numbers

yeah and then it was reset

1 minute ago, emosun said:

yeah and then it was reset

But i reseted it, I formated the PC with my own will, nothing got reseted by an error or anything, do you know how to help or...?

7 minutes ago, TomasFer said:

But i reseted it, I formated the PC with my own will, nothing got reseted by an error or anything, do you know how to help or...?

yes you're talking about performance consistency but the machine isn't going to have any form of consistency if you keep changing the software

one of the biggest things that will help you is to never expect a machine to perform the same when you've altered it.