Your Folding Rig(s)

Properly the cheapest PC on forum! but I can play Diablo 3 with 60fps and no noice from my pc !!

Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Arctic White

CPU Athlon x2 260 3.2ghz

SSD Plextor 128gb MX3 PRO

XMS3 RAM 2000mhz 4gbx4 =16GB total

PSU SilverStone Nightjar series ST50NF (Sølv) (Passive 500watt)

GFX ASUS HD7770-2GD5 (2 GB) with

Accelero S1 PLUS (Passive GFX cooler)

not sure about the PPD on them.. how do i check?

Welcome to the gang. On the FAH Control software, near the bottom in the status bar, it will list your PPD - can take a little bit to update that though when you have a new WU.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Properly the cheapest PC on forum! but I can play Diablo 3 with 60fps and no noice from my pc !!

Welcome!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Welcome to the gang. On the FAH Control software, near the bottom in the status bar, it will list your PPD - can take a little bit to update that though when you have a new WU.

FAH? think im on the wrong forum thread then... running BOINC World Community Grid.. wcg is the only project though

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

Right "forum", wrong "topic". :) Check here - http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/community-portal/folding-home-boinc/60263-for-boinc-users and ask Liquidus - our resident expert. He should be able to help you out.

I uploaded some photos (more in my Profile) of the work I did last night. 7 Year old intel board with one PCI-e x16 slot and two PCI-e x1 slots running a GTX 560, a GTX 460 and a GT 640 and cranking out just over 40K PPD with my x1 to x16 adapters. Not bad for $9 for the two adapters. :)

post-765-13667861649352_thumb.jpg

post-765-1366786165053_thumb.jpg

post-765-13667861652186_thumb.jpg

post-765-13667861654734_thumb.jpg

Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Arctic White

CPU Athlon x2 260 3.2ghz

SSD Plextor 128gb MX3 PRO

XMS3 RAM 2000mhz 4gbx4 =16GB total

PSU SilverStone Nightjar series ST50NF (Sølv) (Passive 500watt)

GFX ASUS HD7770-2GD5 (2 GB) with

Accelero S1 PLUS (Passive GFX cooler)

What temps do you get under full load (both CPU and GPU) with a closed case?

I used to fold on my home server (SMP).

It basically was an ASUS AT3IONT-I with 2GB of RAM... That means I was only using a 1.66GHz dualcore Atom :p got about one WU per 30 hours or so, but I liked to think that I was supporting a good cause, however small my contribution was. (You never know, maybe that one WU you calculated 30 hours on was the key to a cure for cancer)

I used to fold on my home server (SMP). It basically was an ASUS AT3IONT-I with 2GB of RAM... That means I was only using a 1.66GHz dualcore Atom :p got about one WU per 30 hours or so' date=' but I liked to think that I was supporting a good cause, however small my contribution was. (You never know, maybe that one WU you calculated 30 hours on was the key to a cure for cancer)[/quote']

Exactly - you never know which one may be the "key".

My System:

- Core i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz

- 2x GTX 560Ti @ 900MHz

Considering increasing the OC on the processor a little in the future

My System: - Core i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz - 2x GTX 560Ti @ 900MHz Considering increasing the OC on the processor a little in the future

nice rig!

k thanks!

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

My System: - Core i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz - 2x GTX 560Ti @ 900MHz Considering increasing the OC on the processor a little in the future

nice rig!

Thanks, although I have been having a problem where one of my GPUs will constantly throw an Unstable system error while it is folding. Any ideas on how to fix this?

nice rig!

Only thing I would try first - reduce overclock on them and then test. Folding on OC cards can reak havok - even though the card is stable in games...

Although I'm not folding for team Linus (I have a team within Overclock.net that I can't really quit). This here is my folder: :)

i7 3770k (De-lidded) 4.4GHz - 36k - 70k PPD Depending on the WU's I get. The new 7xxx gives HUGE amounts of credit for such a fast WU.

MSI Z77A-G43 (poor overclocker, will be replacing soon)

G.Skill 4GB 2133MHz CL9

Ubuntu Server 12.10 managed through Webmin and SSH

0mDPYoJ.jpg

0bCuhBq.jpg

8zsjoi4.jpg

v8TJ7UQ.png

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Very nice rig - love the work on the CPU.

nice rig!

Alright so I dropped the clock on both to the stock of 822, and that worked. I'm probably going to leave it here for folding since it did not really affect my PPD

nice rig!

Glad to hear that worked. Ya, the overclock on those probably wouldn't get you a lot...

i got my new pc up and running

core i7 3770k at 4.2 will try to get 4.5 soon.

evga gtx 660 ti

32 gb crosair xms3 ram yeah i know its overkill but got a good deal

i get around 48k per day not including the 8k from my old pc.

i got my new pc up and running core i7 3770k at 4.2 will try to get 4.5 soon. evga gtx 660 ti 32 gb crosair xms3 ram yeah i know its overkill but got a good deal i get around 48k per day not including the 8k from my old pc.

Nice!!

just my main rig

radeon 7950

g-skill ripjaws 1866mhz

bitfenix outlaw

silverstone 80+ 600w psu

coolermaster hyper212+

ocz vertex 4 128gb

it only runs when im not gaming but its getting around 9200 ppd

Firetruck will never die.

just my main rig 3570k radeon 7950 g-skill ripjaws 1866mhz bitfenix outlaw silverstone 80+ 600w psu coolermaster hyper212+ ocz vertex 4 128gb it only runs when im not gaming but its getting around 9200 ppd

Welcome to the team!

I am getting together a small farm and starting to use my works beast VM servers to start folding. Here are the 3 I currently use.

1st: W110ER -

Intel Core i7 3630QM

nVidia 650M 1300MHz/1050MHz overclock.

2nd: AMD X2 1090T

nVidia 550Ti (no overclock)

3rd: Extra T420

Core i3 2310M

Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200 (no overclock)

I might even set up my second W110ER with a 2720QM. (but that one is a backup i case I break my current W110ER ;)

whoops, didn't get a notification for this reply! my bad. Yeah, gotta love the heating affect of folding ;) ahhhh

nice rig!

if you are oing gpu folding, do not overclock the cpu. it will not help much. if anything, underclock it to save a bit of electricity!

i got my new pc up and running

core i7 3770k at 4.2 will try to get 4.5 soon.

evga gtx 660 ti

32 gb crosair xms3 ram yeah i know its overkill but got a good deal

i get around 48k per day not including the 8k from my old pc.

are you folding on cpu or gpu or both?