Your Folding Rig(s)

Started folding about 10 minutes ago: i5 3570k OC 4.2GHz Galaxy 660 2gb Around 33k PPD Hope to get my old computers out and folding.

Welcome to the club! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Not quite sure if I'm allowed to post a link of my rig already detailed in another forum' date=' so I'll just write a quick summary: Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4 4.6Ghz (depends where/when, dat temp...) GPU1: ASUS GTX660 DirectCU II GPU2: ASUS GTX560 DirectCU RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866MHz (stock), 4x4=16GB Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H80 Not sure of the ppd, about 15k to 40K. stats: [url']http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=623864 N.B.: It's nicknamed "Flailbox", in case you want to google your way through the detailed page. ;)

Yes, BBCode is broken in this version of vB. :) Nice system...

BTW - on these forums you can always link to other sites if it is in regards to the post topic and contains relevant info.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Started folding about 10 minutes ago: i5 3570k OC 4.2GHz Galaxy 660 2gb Around 33k PPD Hope to get my old computers out and folding.
Welcome to the club! :)

Thanks, The PPD is much higher since I fixed the setting to use 100% of the processor when it hasn't been used. It hasn't broke 60*C all night :D. And I'm already pushing my way onto the LTT leaderboard

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Thanks' date=' The PPD is much higher since I fixed the setting to use 100% of the processor when it hasn't been used. It hasn't broke 60*C all night :D. And I'm already pushing my way onto the LTT leaderboard[/quote']

Yep, little tweaking and you can usually squeak out a few more PPD...

Thanks' date=' The PPD is much higher since I fixed the setting to use 100% of the processor when it hasn't been used. It hasn't broke 60*C all night :D. And I'm already pushing my way onto the LTT leaderboard[/quote']

hey, do you know how to increase gpu consumption while folding, both gpu's never hit over 60% even when set to full, tho my cpu is 100% ?

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

Which GPU? Sounds like you are running AMD? Driver version?

Completed 2 WU last night... I hope to grab a 680, Poor child can't afford a Titan, even with my job...

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

started folding last night full setting with gpu and cpu

athlon II x4 645

Asus M4 mobo

gigabyte 6950 (unlocked to 6970)

generic 16gb 1333mhz ram

H70

only getting 4kPPD seems a bit low compaired to some of the stuff ive seen here

the best part is, i dont understand it at all. all i know is some researchers are using my computer to help them formulate something? hehe, never studied too much science

just started today' date=' running on a fx 8350, gtx 550ti, and 8gb gskill ripjawx [/quote']

Welcome to the club!

started folding last night full setting with gpu and cpu athlon II x4 645 Asus M4 mobo gigabyte 6950 (unlocked to 6970) generic 16gb 1333mhz ram H70 only getting 4kPPD seems a bit low compaired to some of the stuff ive seen here

Well, make sure your AMD card is running at full power - check the FAQ - check drivers. Also, AMD will be hitting your CPU more then NVidia, so check the FAQ on that as well. :) ANd finally - you need to complete 10 SMP WU's and have your passkey and then you get your bonus points...

started folding last night full setting with gpu and cpu athlon II x4 645 Asus M4 mobo gigabyte 6950 (unlocked to 6970) generic 16gb 1333mhz ram H70 only getting 4kPPD seems a bit low compaired to some of the stuff ive seen here
Well' date=' make sure your AMD card is running at full power - check the FAQ - check drivers. Also, AMD will be hitting your CPU more then NVidia, so check the FAQ on that as well. :) ANd finally - you need to complete 10 SMP WU's and have your passkey and then you get your bonus points...[/quote']

im running 12.6 drivers i downloaded just for this and it still only runs at 30% and under , i did the things in the FAQ and i couldnt get it to do anything ; also before the comments i will be getting a i7 3770k and a msi mobo after spring/march break

I am running an AMD FX 8350 on a saberooth 990fx R 2.0 and 16 gb of 1600mhz ram as well as a radeon hd 7970. Getting about 16k ppd on the fx 8350 but only about 3k ppd on the 7970 :(. Hoppefully when core 17 for the gpu on folding@home comes out things will be better for AMD cards. I have heard that the radeon hd 7970 gets up to 41k ppd on the neew gpu core for the 7970. Hopefully good things to come for me. If not I may have to get a nvidia gpu. I will wait and see though. I will put pictures of my rig up soon.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

My farm consists of my "workstation"( even though it really doesn't have "workstation" parts, it is still used as one) and three slave nodes.

Workstation: 3770K, 32 gigs of G,Skill, GTX 670.

3 Slaves: Phenom 1055T, 8 gigs of RAM. On board graphics.

I am going to be adding more nodes soon!

My only PC is my main PC:

i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz

Corsair H100i

Asus Maximus V GENE

Asus GTX 670 @ 1140mhz

Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1800mhz

Crucial M4 512GB

Corsair AX750

i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz, MSI Z77 GD-65 , Asus GTX 670 @ 1140mhz, Kingston HyperX Predator  2400mhz, Crucial M4 512GB, Xonar Essence STX, Corsair AX750, Corsair 650D

Just started folding today, will have to get the desktop setup this evening to fold. Specs are below though:

Dell Laptop:

Core i5-2450M

Integrated graphics

8 GB RAM

Desktop:

Core i7 3770 (Stock)

Radeon HD 7770 Ghost Edition @ 1000mhz

G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB @ 1333mhz

Well' date=' make sure your AMD card is running at full power - check the FAQ - check drivers. Also, AMD will be hitting your CPU more then NVidia, so check the FAQ on that as well. :) ANd finally - you need to complete 10 SMP WU's and have your passkey and then you get your bonus points...[/quote']

im running 12.6 drivers i downloaded just for this and it still only runs at 30% and under , i did the things in the FAQ and i couldnt get it to do anything ; also before the comments i will be getting a i7 3770k and a msi mobo after spring/march break

Ya, something going on there with your setup if even with those drivers you only get 30%. Have you deleted the GPU slot (s) and re-added them to test that?

I am running an AMD FX 8350 on a saberooth 990fx R 2.0 and 16 gb of 1600mhz ram as well as a radeon hd 7970. Getting about 16k ppd on the fx 8350 but only about 3k ppd on the 7970 :(. Hoppefully when core 17 for the gpu on folding@home comes out things will be better for AMD cards. I have heard that the radeon hd 7970 gets up to 41k ppd on the neew gpu core for the 7970. Hopefully good things to come for me. If not I may have to get a nvidia gpu. I will wait and see though. I will put pictures of my rig up soon.

Exactly why most GPU I get for folding are always NVidia - looking forward to the new update for AMD though.

My farm consists of my "workstation"( even though it really doesn't have "workstation" parts' date=' it is still used as one) and three slave nodes. Workstation: 3770K, 32 gigs of G,Skill, GTX 670. 3 Slaves: Phenom 1055T, 8 gigs of RAM. On board graphics. I am going to be adding more nodes soon! [/quote']

Nice setup - Welcome to the club!

My only PC is my main PC: i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz Corsair H100i Asus Maximus V GENE Asus GTX 670 @ 1140mhz Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1800mhz Crucial M4 512GB Corsair AX750

Welcomes to the game! Nice rig....

Just started folding today' date=' will have to get the desktop setup this evening to fold. Specs are below though: Dell Laptop: Core i5-2450M Integrated graphics 8 GB RAM Desktop: Core i7 3770 (Stock) Radeon HD 7770 Ghost Edition @ 1000mhz G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB @ 1333mhz [/quote']

Be interesting to see your PPD on your laptop - mine doesn't get to great of scores, even though it is an i7....

Just started folding today' date=' will have to get the desktop setup this evening to fold. Specs are below though: Dell Laptop: Core i5-2450M Integrated graphics 8 GB RAM Desktop: Core i7 3770 (Stock) Radeon HD 7770 Ghost Edition @ 1000mhz G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB @ 1333mhz [/quote'] Be interesting to see your PPD on your laptop - mine doesn't get to great of scores, even though it is an i7....

As it is folding it is telling me 5865, but I think I saw on stats it was much lower. I still have yet to read through the information about what all the acronyms are though.

• 2 weeks later...

i am running:

MSI Eclipse MOBO

intel i7 930 @4.0ghz

12 gb 1600 ram in triple channel

a gtx 470 but i am going to be getting a gtx 670 i think.

pc power cooling 750w PSU

all in a CM Storm Sniper