Your Folding Rig(s)

i got my new pc up and running

core i7 3770k at 4.2 will try to get 4.5 soon.

evga gtx 660 ti

32 gb crosair xms3 ram yeah i know its overkill but got a good deal

i get around 48k per day not including the 8k from my old pc.

both i added my old 8800gts and fold on that 24/7 it adds about 8k and only fold a couple work wu a day on my 660ti aqnd 3770k.

CPU: i5 3570K@4.3GHz

GPU(s):560 Ti's SLI OC'd

RAM: 12GB of G.Skill RAM @ 1.3GHz

Motherboard: P8 Z77-V LE Plus

PSU: Enermax 750 watt NAXN

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

CPU: i5 3570K@4.3GHz GPU(s):560 Ti's SLI OC'd RAM: 12GB of G.Skill RAM @ 1.3GHz Motherboard: P8 Z77-V LE Plus PSU: Enermax 750 watt NAXN

Nice rig :D Welcome mate!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

fx 8150, 2 gtx 680s (main rig) 60k-70kppd ( i only run it when im sleeping, 30k realisticly)

i7 2600, 2 gtx 660ti (dedicated rig) 60k-80k (runs 24/7), thinkin about building another one.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

fx 8150' date=' 2 gtx 680s (main rig) 60k-70kppd ( i only run it when im sleeping, 30k realisticly) i7 2600, 2 gtx 660ti (dedicated rig) 60k-80k (runs 24/7), thinkin about building another one.[/quote']

Wow - that's a lot of GPU power. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

trying to take you out of your spot :)

trying to take you out of your spot :)

DOH! :D

Guess I need to look for a Titan now....

Wont work, I'll just get more.

Wont work' date=' I'll just get more.[/quote']

Haha - you have some secret spot you get them cheap? :) I always have my eye out, but most aren't going on sale often... at least not very good sales...

Ebay bro

I have checked there - at least here in Canada, I don't seem to find to many spectacular deals... Guess I have to keep an eye out...

whaler, im catching up. got some really good WUs

can find 660ti's for around $200-230 about once a week

Think it be status quo for me for a while, until something new comes up and really starts to drive prices down. I wish the new client would come out that is supposed to equalize AMD and NVidia... then I have 4 or 5 more GPU to put up numbers. :)

Currently my only rig that is folding has a 3770k, 660ti only GPU folding.

Soon will have a 3570k, 660ti that will be SMP + GPU folding!

Currently my only rig that is folding has a 3770k' date=' 660ti only GPU folding. Soon will have a 3570k, 660ti that will be SMP + GPU folding![/quote']

Nice! And welcome.

im folding with a 3770k at 4.2ghz and 2 asus 680 direct cuii top cards, my estimated ppd is around 110k. if im watching movies or something about 90k provided the estimated ppd is accurate :)

How the heck do you have 12GB of RAM on Z77. Nonetheless that's a real nice rig.

CPU: 3570K Clocked at 4.5 Ghz | MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro | GPU: GTX 780 SLI | RAM: Corsair DDR3 1600 16Gb | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | PSU: Silverstone ST75F-P 750w | DISPLAY : Asus PB278Q & Dell U2412M | SSD : Samsung 840 240GB | HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM | MOUSE : Logitech G700s | MOUSEPAD : Steelseries QCK+ | KEYBOARD : WASD V1 Semi-Custom Cherry MX Blue | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z623 | HEADPHONES : Beyerdynamic Custome One Pro w/ mic. Attachment

I just started folding today

here's my rig

i5 2500k @4.5Ghz = 10445ppd

Asus P8P67 pro

16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9

GTX 580 3GB @800Mhz = 27436ppd

Samsung 840 250GB

I can't run my GPU while I'm using my computer because then everything lags like crazy. Is there any way to limit GPU usage.

I'm happy to join the team.

CPU: 3570K Clocked at 4.5 Ghz | MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro | GPU: GTX 780 SLI | RAM: Corsair DDR3 1600 16Gb | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | PSU: Silverstone ST75F-P 750w | DISPLAY : Asus PB278Q & Dell U2412M | SSD : Samsung 840 240GB | HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM | MOUSE : Logitech G700s | MOUSEPAD : Steelseries QCK+ | KEYBOARD : WASD V1 Semi-Custom Cherry MX Blue | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z623 | HEADPHONES : Beyerdynamic Custome One Pro w/ mic. Attachment

im folding with a 3770k at 4.2ghz and 2 asus 680 direct cuii top cards' date=' my estimated ppd is around 110k. if im watching movies or something about 90k provided the estimated ppd is accurate :)[/quote']

Wow - very nice rig. :)

I just started folding today here's my rig i5 2500k @4.5Ghz = 10445ppd Asus P8P67 pro 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9 GTX 580 3GB @800Mhz = 27436ppd Samsung 840 250GB I can't run my GPU while I'm using my computer because then everything lags like crazy. Is there any way to limit GPU usage. I'm happy to join the team.

Welcome to the club!

There is no way to "limit" the GPU - but what most of us do, if you make the FAH control panel a bit larger, you should see a drop down for Expert mode. (maybe the new version already opens in expert?) From there you can see your slots. Right click on the GPU slot to "pause" folding while gaming and such, and the "fold" when done. If you press the main Pause button, it pauses all your slots...

I just started folding today here's my rig i5 2500k @4.5Ghz = 10445ppd Asus P8P67 pro 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9 GTX 580 3GB @800Mhz = 27436ppd Samsung 840 250GB I can't run my GPU while I'm using my computer because then everything lags like crazy. Is there any way to limit GPU usage. I'm happy to join the team.

Welcome to the club!

There is no way to "limit" the GPU - but what most of us do, if you make the FAH control panel a bit larger, you should see a drop down for Expert mode. (maybe the new version already opens in expert?) From there you can see your slots. Right click on the GPU slot to "pause" folding while gaming and such, and the "fold" when done. If you press the main Pause button, it pauses all your slots...

Yeah that's what I've been doing. the real problem is that when I fold on my GPU any videos I'm watching will lag and even my mouse cursor will be wonky and laggy. It's not a big deal though, just happy to be helping out with an awesome cause.

How the heck do you have 12GB of RAM on Z77. Nonetheless that's a real nice rig.

Thanks! And, I'm using three slots at the moment. 4GB x 3 sticks. I'd be using 8 gigs or more likely 16, but I had a bit of an issue. It's a complicated issue, so I'll just leave it at that. :P I had some bad batches and a bunch of hoo-ha going on.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Ah, I see. Well good luck with that.

Started folding about 10 minutes ago:

i5 3570k OC 4.2GHz

Galaxy 660 2gb

Around 33k PPD

Hope to get my old computers out and folding.

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Not quite sure if I'm allowed to post a link of my rig already detailed in another forum, so I'll just write a quick summary:

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4 <-> 4.6Ghz (depends where/when, dat temp...)

GPU1: ASUS GTX660 DirectCU II

GPU2: ASUS GTX560 DirectCU

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866MHz (stock), 4x4=16GB

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H80

Not sure of the ppd, about 15k to 40K. stats: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=623864

N.B.: It's nicknamed "Flailbox", in case you want to google your way through the detailed page. ;)