Your Folding Rig(s)

i have an old iMac which is folding. Can the raspberrypi fold?
Read some posts - Nada - they could fold, but would be such crap that wouldn't be worth it. Even a farm of them...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

More changes - been using HFM to monitor performance. Really cool when you have multiple clients running - centralized monitoring spot. I am finding if I go from 2 Hyper-V hosts each running 2 cores to one running 4 cores I almost trippled the PPD. Going to consolidate the third one into a single Hyper-V running 6 cores. Should see a decent PPD boost. Also, have my hands on one GTX 460, probably another one next week and hopefully a couple 560 Ti's as well (thank you kajiji).

Now, bugger all, need to rebuild the linux systems to run Windows so I can get those GPU slots running...

Hyper-V hosts consolidated - now ar 7,500 PPD - 2,000 point increase for the same CPU usage. Got a GTX 460 installed and running... MY GOD! This NVidia cards destroy anything else, cept maude a 48 core Opteron system. I have never been much of one that prefers AMD over NVidia, when I go to buy, I get what I need. But wow... Think I will have to really start looking at NVidia solutions...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

We have an 4p users on here?
4p... 4 processors.

9.jpg

For the hardcore folders. :)

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I'm currently folding on 2 machines:

Computer 1 - Main Desktop ~ 55K PPD

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.2GHz

GPU - Asus GTX 670 @ 1100MHz

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600MHz

Computer 2 - Main Server ~ 6K PPD

CPU - Intel Core i3 2105 @ 3.1GHz

RAM - G-Skill Ripjaws @ 1333MHz

Ahh gotcha... :) Now though I think it not so much about number of CPU's but more about the cores. Sure, 4P is very nice, but a 2P system, with 6 cores and HT with say a couple of GTX 580's would have a monster PPD as compared to a 4P system, which most likely can only support a single PCI-e x16 card?. Have to look those numbers up and see how they compare....

I found this place because this was one of two teams set to overtake my own forums "team" (really just me right now.) I thought I'd share what I'm folding on. :)

At home:

i5-2500k

2x 6850's in crossfire.

Current PPD says 22831

At work:

i7 2600k

2x 550ti's

i3, 2120

Athlon 4000 x2

GT 630

Total for those three is around 60k ppd.

I found this place because this was one of two teams set to overtake my own forums "team" (really just me right now.) I thought I'd share what I'm folding on. :)

At home:

i5-2500k

2x 6850's in crossfire.

Current PPD says 22831

At work:

i7 2600k

2x 550ti's

i3, 2120

Athlon 4000 x2

GT 630

Welcome! Question, on your i5 rig with the 6850's - are you doing both GPU and CPU folding? I ask as I fold on a i5-3570k with 6870's in xfire and get some crap PPD on the CPU when GPU folding enabled. I am working on the resolution, but wonder if you see the same thing / your experience?

Be prepared to be suprized, here is my main folding rigs (as they are not really powerful at all :P)

i7 970, GTX480, 6GB RAM - 45-47000PPD (can't use this at night anymore, my room is way too small to even live with this thing in there folding 24/7!)

i5 2400, GTX 560Ti, 8GB RAM - 35-3700PPD

i3 2120, HD5750, 4GB RAM - 9-10000PPD

Core 2 Duo - GTX280 - 4GB RAM - not sure about PPD on this one, as it's down due to me having to lend the PSU to put in the i5 rig (yes, it died)

I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something.

I will move both the i3 and C2D rigs outside in the garage (when I get a replacement PSU), the C2D got to a whooping 30 degrees Celsius when running outside, and the GPU around 20 degrees Celsius will make everything much more quieter, as I only have one computer in my computer room running 24/7. I have to see what I do with the Alienware i7, but I might actually sell it soon, as I wan't to make a smaller main build. And I would get a lot of money for that thing, I'll promise you that!

So has your i7 rig set fire yet?

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

At home:

i5-2500k

2x 6850's in crossfire.

Current PPD says 22831

At work:

i7 2600k

2x 550ti's

i3, 2120

Athlon 4000 x2

GT 630

I do, yes. The two 6850's take up about 15% of the cpu together, so it does hurt my SMP bonus, but not enough to make me consider not running it. I should note that the i5 is overclocked to 4.4ghz

Nope, 4p would kill a 2p machine with 580s. 4ps can net 500k+ ppd a day. Things change so much that the point structure is hard to say for sure since it depends on what WU you get but my friend has gotten well over 700k in a day. That's by no means his average. I think his best month was almost 11 Million points. When I had my 480 SLI 2500k setup, I'd only net 60k on average. People with highly OC'ed 3930ks have been able to get over 100k but they kind of put the end to that. 4p and beyond are still the big dogs point wise.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Hmmm... ebay and kijiji, I wonder :D

Thanks for the info!

Be prepared to be suprized, here is my main folding rigs (as they are not really powerful at all :P)

i7 970, GTX480, 6GB RAM - 45-47000PPD (can't use this at night anymore, my room is way too small to even live with this thing in there folding 24/7!)

Core 2 Duo - GTX280 - 4GB RAM - not sure about PPD on this one, as it's down due to me having to lend the PSU to put in the i5 rig (yes, it died)

I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something.

I will move both the i3 and C2D rigs outside in the garage (when I get a replacement PSU), the C2D got to a whooping 30 degrees Celsius when running outside, and the GPU around 20 degrees Celsius will make everything much more quieter, as I only have one computer in my computer room running 24/7. I have to see what I do with the Alienware i7, but I might actually sell it soon, as I wan't to make a smaller main build. And I would get a lot of money for that thing, I'll promise you that!

It has luckily not, I moved the GTX480 down to my i5 computer instead, keep itself on 85 degrees there, and of course I moved my GTX560Ti back to my i7 computer. The 560Ti is much quitier, and keep itself on 70 degrees celsius, and luckily doesn't heat up my room as much as the 480.

MEH

is that i5 machines PPD 3700 or 37000???

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

well mine isnt doing much so i'm going to try to set it up, more as a proof that it is possible than anything else.

okay Crispy345 as your comment "I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something."

id better tell you all what im running:

CPU: Intel 3930K running standard 3.2GHz

RAM: G-skill Ripjawz 1866MHz 8x4GB

M/B: Rampage 4 Extreme

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 690

PSU: Coolermaster 1300w

CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2

Boot Drive: 2x OCZ agility 3 240Gb (raid0)

its usually folding 24/7 running at about 70-100k PPD

i have a q6600 at 3ghz

1 gts 250

i am building a second computer but have to wait on it cash problem. i did get 2 8800gts off cragslist for $50 could not pass up am working on trying to get them going soon.

okay Crispy345 as your comment "I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has' date=' God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something." id better tell you all what im running: CPU: Intel 3930K running standard 3.2GHz RAM: G-skill Ripjawz 1866MHz 8x4GB M/B: Rampage 4 Extreme GPU: Gigabyte GTX 690 PSU: Coolermaster 1300w CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 Boot Drive: 2x OCZ agility 3 240Gb (raid0) its usually folding 24/7 running at about 70-100k PPD

how is your 3930k ppd-wise?

from xfire

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

Gigabyte Technology fxa990-ud5, something like that,

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

FX8150 ~4.2GHz 10600ppd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

16384MB RAM

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

127 GB ssd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 219]

[TR]

[TD]

GTX 680 42700ppd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

No

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Not Available

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

turtle beach headphones

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

USB Root Hub

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

USB Root Hub

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Not Available

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Antec 1200 v3 (watercooled)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

i have a q6600 at 3ghz

1 gts 250

i am building a second computer but have to wait on it cash problem. i did get 2 8800gts off cragslist for $50 could not pass up am working on trying to get them going soon.

Very nice :)

okay Crispy345 as your comment "I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something."

id better tell you all what im running:

CPU: Intel 3930K running standard 3.2GHz

RAM: G-skill Ripjawz 1866MHz 8x4GB

M/B: Rampage 4 Extreme

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 690

PSU: Coolermaster 1300w

CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2

Boot Drive: 2x OCZ agility 3 240Gb (raid0)

its usually folding 24/7 running at about 70-100k PPD

Now that is a nice rig my friend!

I now have a GTX 460, two GTX 560's, two GT 640's and a GT 610 all set to arrive next week. :)

okay Crispy345 as your comment "I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has' date=' God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something." id better tell you all what im running: CPU: Intel 3930K running standard 3.2GHz RAM: G-skill Ripjawz 1866MHz 8x4GB M/B: Rampage 4 Extreme GPU: Gigabyte GTX 690 PSU: Coolermaster 1300w CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 Boot Drive: 2x OCZ agility 3 240Gb (raid0) its usually folding 24/7 running at about 70-100k PPD

how is your 3930k ppd-wise?

from xfire

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

Gigabyte Technology fxa990-ud5, something like that,

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

FX8150 ~4.2GHz 10600ppd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

16384MB RAM

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

127 GB ssd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 219]

[TR]

[TD]

GTX 680 42700ppd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

No

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Not Available

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

turtle beach headphones

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

USB Root Hub

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

USB Root Hub

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Not Available

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Antec 1200 v3 (watercooled)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

just the 3930k is running at (estimated) 20-25k ppd with the gtx 690 running 25-35k (per gpu)

Be cool to see if they work and what their PPD is...

I now have a GTX 460' date=' two GTX 560's, two GT 640's and a GT 610 all set to arrive next week. :)[/quote']

Nice work! That'll boost up your PPD by a lot :)

I now have a GTX 460' date=' two GTX 560's, two GT 640's and a GT 610 all set to arrive next week. :)[/quote']

Nice work! That'll boost up your PPD by a lot :)

Here's to hoping :) I have 6 rigs folding and generating a boat load of heat. I am of the mind that if I cannot get a rig generating 5,000+ PPD per day, I need to shut it down or upgrade it to make it worth being part of the borg. :) So, I got the 640's which do not need a PCI-E power to put in the two low end machines to hopefully give them a nice boast. Probably disable SMP folding to save a wee bit of heat and concentrate more on GPU folding...

BTW - if anyone is looking for upgrades, best bang for the buck, PPD wise, is to add, or upgrade, the video card, espcially the NVidia ones, for the average system. And... check kijiji. Lot of people selling "older" cards at very good prices that are still awesome for folding, like the GTX 460.