Dell T710 Server/Gaming PC?????

I have a Dell T710 that has the desire to be a gaming PC. I know I know. Should not be done. But what can I say. It wants what it wants.  So GeForce 1070 graphics  2 Xeon 5560 processors and 96 gigs of memory.  What would Linus do??? 

13 minutes ago, FamTimeG said:

I have a Dell T710 that has the desire to be a gaming PC. I know I know. Should not be done. But what can I say. It wants what it wants.  So GeForce 1070 graphics  2 Xeon 5560 processors and 96 gigs of memory.  What would Linus do??? 

The Xeons are super old...is this just for laughs? The T710 draws a whole lot of power too. What are you planning on playing on this?

No it’s real.  I want to be able to play anything.  Modern Warfare. Apex etc. 

Xeon X5670 for higher clocks would help, and some DDR3 1600 or 1866

27 minutes ago, FamTimeG said:

So GeForce 1070 graphics  2 Xeon 5560 processors and 96 gigs of memory

keep the 1070, sell most of the ram (or all if it's slow) and both CPUs

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Nah not selling. Going to build it.  I got the server for $150.00. Might as well make it work 

8 minutes ago, FamTimeG said:

Nah not selling. Going to build it.  I got the server for $150.00. Might as well make it work 

you have to quote us so we can see your responses

I don't think you should sell the whole server, just improve the CPU and ram speed to make it a better gaming PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I’m sure I could part it out and come out pretty good.  2 1000 watt power supplies 4 fans etc. but to build an I7 or I9 PC is expensive 

14 minutes ago, FamTimeG said:

I’m sure I could part it out and come out pretty good.  2 1000 watt power supplies 4 fans etc. but to build an I7 or I9 PC is expensive 

Well unfornatuely those parts arent thatuse in normal pcs.

but if you wanna game on it you gotta cut the slot to fit a x16 gpu. Then get power for it somewhere. r710s aren't made for gpus like the newer r720 and the r7610

Even something like a ryzen r3 will smoke this in terms of gaming performane.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:24 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Well unfornatuely those parts arent thatuse in normal pcs.

but if you wanna game on it you gotta cut the slot to fit a x16 gpu. Then get power for it somewhere. r710s aren't made for gpus like the newer r720 and the r7610

Even something like a ryzen r3 will smoke this in terms of gaming performane.

The PCIe for the gpu is weak for this board But does work.  I have added an External power supply to power the Graphics cards 8 pin terminal , Added and operating system , removed the raid adddd 2 TB drive for storage. The machine runs great does really well even with demanding games on all high quality settings.