Driving Exam

Chubby_Chubby

I passed mine first try. Because of nervousness and stress, I made some mistake that I most likely wouldn't have otherwise. Try your best to relax, and imagine that it's just a normal drive next time you take the test. Don't overthink it.

I got it first try, but I also had an insane ego and lots of self confidence, give it another go don’t get demotivated.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I passed the first time, but I shouldn't have.  I sped through a school zone, but since it had only recently been placed there, the examiner didn't flunk me for it.  Man, it was so nice in the 80s :D

Thanks, guys! You cheered me up a bit and it was interesting to read your stories. It was a driving exam. The theory I passed with flying colors. I guess I was way too stressed. Now I'm driving with my husband and gaining more experience and courage.  

My advice is try not to overthink it and don't give up.

I got mine on the tenth try (anxiety and manual transmissions don't mix really well sometimes, lol), but I kept practicing after every exam and got it eventually.

Passed on first try for my motorcycle, car, commercial drivers license and my racing license. I've never had issues with driving. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

11 hours ago, Chubby_Chubby said:

Thanks, guys! You cheered me up a bit and it was interesting to read your stories. It was a driving exam. The theory I passed with flying colors. I guess I was way too stressed. Now I'm driving with my husband and gaining more experience and courage.  

Hope other drivers in your area are nice. It's hard for my friend to gain that courage because people in Vancouver drive like absolute morons. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Hope other drivers in your area are nice. It's hard for my friend to gain that courage because people in Vancouver drive like absolute morons. 

Well, at first lessons, when you still suck and clutch/gas or especially when starting moving uphill, I was beeped 100 times, and once even one woman drove me around and hit the break hard just in front of my car :( 

6 minutes ago, Chubby_Chubby said:

Well, at first lessons, when you still suck and clutch/gas or especially when starting moving uphill, I was beeped 100 times, and once even one woman drove me around and hit the break hard just in front of my car :(

Does the licensing office provide you with Student driver or Por L magnets? Something to show others you're a student driver? It infuriates me when drivers bully learners. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Does the licensing office provide you with Student driver or Por L magnets? Something to show others you're a student driver? It infuriates me when drivers bully learners. 

yeah, the car is bright red, with L in front, back, and on the roof. just some people forgot that there were just like me once :D 

16 minutes ago, Chubby_Chubby said:

Part of driving is knowing, or at least keeping in mind, that people around you are gonna be assholes, so you need to take the precautions necessary; keep your distance (don't stick behind the car in front of you), be wary of your surroundings (always check before changing lanes, taking a turn, etc.), try to not get angry/let people get under your skin while you're driving (road rage can do more harm than the situation that led to it), etc.

Good luck.

I passed it my first try but it was so short and easy, I made enough mistakes that I probably shouldn’t have passed. Got an 88/100 though and the minimum was 80.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

• 2 weeks later...

well, i've been driving with my husband every single day, and i've improved a lot. I just need more time and practise than others , but thats fine. the good result is only that matters