z490 motherboard recommendations.

Hi all, Trying to find a good z490 motherboard to pair with an i7 10700k. The max I am willing to spend is £400. Would rather spend around £300 but would I be losing much? Needs to be good for overclocking. 

What I'm considering so far:

msi meg ace £390

gigabyte master £380

gigabyte ultra £330

msi unify £293

gigabyte elite non wifi £218

rest of build:

CPU: i7 10700k 

Cooler: nzxt x73 360mm

GPU: Evga rtx 2080 super ftw 3 ultra

Motherboard: 

PSU: corsair hx750i platinum 

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengeance rgb pro 3000mhz

Case: nzxt 710i

I have used the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master and am now using the Z490 Aorus Master. Best MBs I´ve ever had so far.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

i don't know... but i would go for same as GPU manufactur so you have less crap bloatware control software from different vendors.. i'm tired of gigabyte software not working properly on my asus build..... 

EVGA Z490 FTW WiFi should be an option.. i saw it at 329$ so maybe a bit cheeper in £

just not in stock on amazon yet. 

The 10-700K is shit value. Look at the GN review. Either get the i5 10600K or the Ryzen 9 3900X. The i7 is a waste of money

Couldnt be happier with my aorus master z390.  Havent seen a review on the 490 yet though.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

37 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

I have used the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master and am now using the Z490 Aorus Master. Best MBs I´ve ever had so far.

Yeah the master seems to be very popular. Just trying to find out if it's worth the extra compared to say an elite. Because for the same money as a 10700k and a master I could get a elite and a 10900k and even save a bit. Although my system is just for gaming so I'm not sure if I would even see any benefits for the 10900k 

42 minutes ago, Robchil said:

i don't know... but i would go for same as GPU manufactur so you have less crap bloatware control software from different vendors.. i'm tired of gigabyte software not working properly on my asus build..... 

EVGA Z490 FTW WiFi should be an option.. i saw it at 329$ so maybe a bit cheeper in £

just not in stock on amazon yet. 

Good suggestion although I cant seem to find any evga z490 boards here in the UK.

26 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The 10-700K is shit value. Look at the GN review. Either get the i5 10600K or the Ryzen 9 3900X. The i7 is a waste of money

I7 10700k beats the 3900x in gaming and the 3900x is more £. If I was using it for anything other than gaming then the 3900x is a better buy. But for me it's not.

35 minutes ago, Silverbackk said:

I7 10700k beats the 3900x in gaming and the 3900x is more £. If I was using it for anything other than gaming then the 3900x is a better buy. But for me it's not.

Then buy the i5 10600K - the i7 is pointless even for gaming.

honestly.... this is the generation i would skip... first gen new socket. for that matter... z490 or the 10th gen intel cpu's don't support gen4 pcie yet either. 

On 5/25/2020 at 10:54 AM, 5x5 said:

Then buy the i5 10600K - the i7 is pointless even for gaming.

Besides the games that do use more cores/threads and multitaskign like streaming at the same time. If they have extra money to blow the i7 and i9 are the best for gaming. 

Have ordered a z490 master, i7 10700k, nzxt x73 and nzxt 710i case. Should be here tomorrow hoping the build goes smoothly. Was a tough choice between the msi unify and the gigabyte master. Went for the master because the unify didn't support igpu and I couldn't get the 10700kf, also prefer the design of the master. Should be a nice upgrade from my i5 8400. Excited! 

Thanks for everyone's help!

6 hours ago, Inkz said:

Besides the games that do use more cores/threads and multitaskign like streaming at the same time. If they have extra money to blow the i7 and i9 are the best for gaming. 

Exactly. Think the i7 is a nice balance. Maybe more future proof than the i5. 

1 hour ago, Silverbackk said:

Exactly. Think the i7 is a nice balance. Maybe more future proof than the i5. 

No, it's not, but its your money, feel free to waste it.

6 hours ago, 5x5 said:

No, it's not, but its your money, feel free to waste it.

Well there is no true  future proofing it would be a lie to say a i7 wouldn't hold out longer than a i5 with 2 more cores

19 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Well there is no true  future proofing it would be a lie to say a i7 wouldn't hold out longer than a i5 with 2 more cores

Are you willing to bet money on it? I am, next gen from both AMD and Intel in 2022 will make both i5 and i7 irrelevant

25 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Are you willing to bet money on it? I am, next gen from both AMD and Intel in 2022 will make both i5 and i7 irrelevant

What kind of question is that? Any higher end part in theory you could get a slightly longer life span out of. Plus it's all about when the individual decides it's time to upgrade. I can't think of any point in CPUS or GPUS in the past decade where less than 2 years made high end hardware useless or even a must upgrade. You don't need to put your morals on other's and tell them they are wasting money on a valid purchase.