Bottlenecked gtx1660, best way to switch to am4

So rn I have a fx-8350 but that’s bottlenecking my gtx1660. I’m trying to switch to an am4 based system. What’s the minimum I can spend into switch to am4 while future proofing my cpu and ram for next graphics card upgrade?

10 minutes ago, LividXY said:

So rn I have a fx-8350 but that’s bottlenecking my gtx1660. I’m trying to switch to an am4 based system. What’s the minimum I can spend into switch to am4 while future proofing my cpu and ram for next graphics card upgrade?

Budget ?

"Technically" the cheapest a320 board with an athlon but we can do better if we know the budget 

Edited by TofuHaroto
Correction

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

11 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Why minimum?

Optimal is a better solution.

your right! optimal is better

11 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Budget ?

"Technically" the cheapest a320 board with an athlon but we can do better if we know the budget 

hmmm.. on all 3 motherboard,ram,cpu maybe 300 but im trying to spend the  most on the cpu to get a ryzen 5

10 hours ago, boggy77 said:

i'd get a 3300x on a b450 pro 4 board

sure ill check those out! thanks!!

6 hours ago, LividXY said:

hmmm.. on all 3 motherboard,ram,cpu maybe 300 but im trying to spend the  most on the cpu to get a ryzen 5

B450 tomahawk 

3300x 

2x8 3200 ripjaws V

A "ryzen 5" isn't the best option all the time not because it's the "5" sku that means it's better than the ryzen "3" 3300x 

For e.g a 1600 will get absolutely crushed by the better imc and ipc count that the 3300x has

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: