This Means GPU is dead ?

Bharaj

I have a Old Laptop Dell Inspiron 3537 i7 4500U AMD Radeon HD 8850M / R9 M265X 

and suddenly 2 days ago my screen went black on further inspection got to know that my GPU is not detecting and if i try to install drivers it make windows crash(freeze) when check in device manager it shows MIcrosoft Basic Display Adapter⚠️  and do not show in MSI afterburner or GPU-Z app and if it shows in GPU-z app that gpu has no Shading units, Bandwidth is grayed out see image attached

🤔 This means my laptop GPU is dead 🤨

{360D7D7E-CD13-435D-8EDD-924DE6FE4E96}.png.jpg

AMD.gif

5 minutes ago, Bharaj said:

I have a Old Laptop Dell Inspiron 3537 i7 4500U AMD Radeon HD 8850M / R9 M265X 

and suddenly 2 days ago my screen went black on further inspection got to know that my GPU is not detecting and if i try to install drivers it make windows crash(freeze) when check in device manager it shows MIcrosoft Basic Display Adapter⚠️  and do not show in MSI afterburner or GPU-Z app and if it shows in GPU-z app that gpu has no Shading units, Bandwidth is grayed out ( I forgot to take screen short of it and now GPU-z don't show GPU anymore )

🤔 This means my laptop GPU is dead 🤨

{360D7D7E-CD13-435D-8EDD-924DE6FE4E96}.png.jpg

Download DDU and clean uninstall your gpu drivers and then try installing the drivers again

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Download DDU and clean uninstall your gpu drivers and then try installing the drivers again

i reinstalled windows because i though window error and after installing new windows i got to know gpu is not detecting so i think there is no driver error

33 minutes ago, Bharaj said:

i reinstalled windows because i though window error and after installing new windows i got to know gpu is not detecting so i think there is no driver error

Try what @InfernalClaw said first and then get back to us. It's virtually impossible that reinstalling Windows killed your GPU... 

The laptop comes with some drivers installed. When you install Windows, it installs a generic microsoft display driver. DDU will remove that and clean up any junk files, then you can install the latest drivers off the Radeon site.

DDU is just a precaution, you could probably just download and attempt to install the Radeon drivers...

Just now, Aereldor said:

DDU is just a precaution, you could probably just download and attempt to install the Radeon drivers...

so i do DDU first then install drivers ? 

Just now, Bharaj said:

Yep

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Bharaj said:

You could honestly just install the drivers. 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

now if i install driver it will stop and freez windows at 99% i will do ddu first now i will do it and let you know

18 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Nothing happens bro same thing again it just made pc freez again 

31 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Bro see this is how GPU is showing 

AMD.gif

2 hours ago, Bharaj said:

Nothing happens bro same thing again it just made pc freez again 

Did you use display driver uninstaller?

If so, what does the drop-down menu on the bottom left say

3 hours ago, Aereldor said:

If so, what does the drop-down menu on the bottom left say

now when i install driver for AMD GPU it will make laptop freeze and will keep its freeze state until you shut it down 

Hi. I have the same problem with my Dell 3537. I've got the same hardware configuration as you. Have you made any progress? I reinstalled my Windows 10 and after that tried to install the newest drivers. During the instalation of the newest AMD graphic driver the screen freezes and I can't do nothing. Then I have to restart my laptop to recovery mode, uninstall the AMD driver using DDU and then it works again after a reboot but with a default driver Windows gets from Windows Update I guess... The performance of this driver is poor, especially in games such as GTA V. 

EDIT:

I've got an update! I downloaded AMD's tool for drivers auto detection. It downloaded the newest available driver and installed it. At 98% progress of the installation the screen got frozen and I had to reboot my Dell by long press on the power button. Then I started the Windows and started the AMD's tool again. It detected installed the driver again, this time successfully :) The performance got better