CPU/mobo questions (advice)

Hi,

I posted about a week ago looking for some troubleshooting in another area of the forum, and got amazing help! Hoping to get some advice this time. 

Current CPU/Mobo/GPU/RAM setup:

Ryzen 5 3400G (standard config, no overclock)

Asrock A320m HDV R4

MSI Radeon RX580 8gb

16gb (2x8gb) Corsair Vengence Pro 3200

I am fairly happy with the current setup with a few exceptions: 

1. The mobo only has once free chassis fan connector after the AIO was installed by the builders (Ironside), I have added 2 Noctua NF-12 120mm fans in the front of the case to help cool it down a bit when I added the RX 580, but the temps are still running up a bit high for my liking while not under a full load (60-70c while CPU is under 50% load). I know I will probably benefit from a different AIO cooler, but I also want the additional case fans as well to really help the air get moving a bit better. 

2. the mobo UEFI doesn't control the fan speeds at all, its just a constant 1450rpm no matter the temps (chassis fans), which I suspect is due to the splitter to connect the two fans to the one port.

3. The games I play are VERY cpu heavy, but not really graphics heavy (Hearts of Iron 4, Victoria 2, CK2 and soon to be CK3, Prison Architect, etc). It seems all of these games run only on one or two cores at most, and I keep getting the dreaded "late game lag" when a lot of stuff is happening. (the games are currently run off an M.2)

So, TLDR, what is a good CPU for better single core performance (assuming there is one that would make a measurable difference), what mobo would I want to be looking at? (keeping in mind I would want the ability to have at least the one M.2, and space for 3-4 chassis fans, and hopefully a AIO that is the size of two fans, currently single fan size, which I know doesn't help). 

I know it is a lot, but I really appreciate the help and advice!