questions about stress testing ram

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

@dreamcast4599 Memtest is good, I'm saying not to solely rely on it. Your infinity fabric will also overclock with the memory if the option remains on automatic (aside from using PBO). 

so i just bought some new ram and since im gonna be tinkering with the timings whats the best program to use to stress test ram for stability when i overclock so far all i know of is memtest86 memtest86+ and memtest64 i have a 3900x if it matters

OCCT Linpack

Just now, dreamcast4599 said:

so i just bought some new ram and since im gonna be tinkering with the timings whats the best program to use to stress test ram for stability when i overclock so far all i know of is memtest86 and memtest64 i have a 3900x if it matters

Usually memtest86 is the way to go 

Just set the OC profile and run it for a while 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

@TofuHaroto should i use the bootable version of memtest86 or no?

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I've seen P95 and OCCT fail where memtest passes. ;)

Test multiple. OCCT is good for variance and variety. Can test heavy load, large data set and cpu at the same time. 

Memtest just tests the memory.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I've seen P95 and OCCT fail where memtest passes. ;)

Test multiple. OCCT is good for variance and variety. Can test heavy load, large data set and cpu at the same time. 

Memtest just tests the memory.

^ this is probably a better option ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

^ this is probably a better option ;)

@TofuHaroto if im keeping my cpu at stock and just using pbo then i only need to test the memory am i not correct?

Just now, dreamcast4599 said:

@TofuHaroto if im keeping my cpu at stock and just using pbo then i only need to test the memory am i not correct?

Pbo sets an oc for your cpu

Usually it's a modest OC nothing too much but If you want to be sure you can run stress tests like cinebench just to make sure 

Build Log: 

@dreamcast4599 Memtest is good, I'm saying not to solely rely on it. Your infinity fabric will also overclock with the memory if the option remains on automatic (aside from using PBO). 

16 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

^

Build Log: