Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AaronG 21

RX Radeon 480 gpu usage spikes up and down

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a RX Radeon 480, and I noticed Recently that the usage goes from 0 to 100 or from low numbers to high numbers, Idk the reason why. It happens with fortnite, cs go, but I haven’t texted on other games like gta five and stuff. I did the benchmark from msi afterburner, and gpu usage was at 100% which I heard that’s what you want to happened, I will answer any info you guys need, please help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, have you tried a driver update and checked if the fans on the card are working properly?

If so, reseat the graphics card and see...

Link to post
Share on other sites

My old 480 did the same, one day updated the driver and usage is not flat on 100%. Do you notice any performance loss or stutter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AaronG 21 said:

I have a RX Radeon 480, and I noticed Recently that the usage goes from 0 to 100 or from low numbers to high numbers, Idk the reason why. It happens with fortnite, cs go, but I haven’t texted on other games like gta five and stuff. I did the benchmark from msi afterburner, and gpu usage was at 100% which I heard that’s what you want to happened, I will answer any info you guys need, please help.

Ddu your drivers 

Check your temps

What are the full specs please ?

PSU and how old is it ?


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, JupiteL said:

My old 480 did the same, one day updated the driver and usage is not flat on 100%. Do you notice any performance loss or stutter?

Yes, when I played fortnite my first my FPS used to be really high, I had it up to 200 FPS, and it was locked, now I have it on 120 and when I’m playing a match it goes down even to 80 and then comes back up, not even when I’m moving the camera. What did you do to fix it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Ddu your drivers 

Check your temps

What are the full specs please ?

PSU and how old is it ?

What do you mean ddu? I’m new with this lol. My temps are good, barely passes 60 degrees, sometimes 65 c but in rare cases, I have a r5 1600, rx Radeon 480 4gb, 8 Gb of ddr4 3200nhz one m.2 ssd and one 500gb hdd, with a thermal take 500w psu which is completely new 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, AaronG 21 said:

What do you mean ddu? I’m new with this lol. My temps are good, barely passes 60 degrees, sometimes 65 c but in rare cases, I have a r5 1600, rx Radeon 480 4gb, 8 Gb of ddr4 3200nhz one m.2 ssd and one 500gb hdd, with a thermal take 500w psu which is completely new 

And a gigabyte b450m bs3h 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AaronG 21 said:

What do you mean ddu? I’m new with this lol. My temps are good, barely passes 60 degrees, sometimes 65 c but in rare cases, I have a r5 1600, rx Radeon 480 4gb, 8 Gb of ddr4 3200nhz one m.2 ssd and one 500gb hdd, with a thermal take 500w psu which is completely new 

Do you have xmp on ?


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, V.K.Videsh said:

Well, have you tried a driver update and checked if the fans on the card are working properly?

If so, reseat the graphics card and see...

I checked the updates and my gpu is up to date, but I when I first made the built 3 days ago I used to have a different and program, that I never saw spikes. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, but I haven’t reseated the graphics card yet, how can I do it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Do you have xmp on ?

I have no idea what that is I’m sorry, could you tell me how to check if I have it on please? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AaronG 21 said:

I have no idea what that is I’m sorry, could you tell me how to check if I have it on please? 

Go to your bios and check :)

it should say enable xmp or xmp profile 1 if you have it on 


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Go to your bios and check :)

it should say enable xmp or xmp profile 1 if you have it on 

Gotcha, Thank you! I will do that when I get home. So if I have it on, should I turn it off? If it doesn’t change anything should I put it back to normal? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AaronG 21 said:

Gotcha, Thank you! I will do that when I get home. So if I have it on, should I turn it off? If it doesn’t change anything should I put it back to normal? 

You should turn it on 

Now I don't know where it is exactly since I am not familiar with gigabyte uefi but it essentially runs your ram at it's advertised speeds 


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But, won't that affect only cpu performance? And watch a video online for the reseating or watch a Linus tech tips build guide

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, V.K.Videsh said:

But, won't that affect only cpu performance? And watch a video online for the reseating or watch a Linus tech tips build guide

What do you mean ? 

Stutters are caused for bad 1% lows in games and with a ryzen cpu where multiple ccxs are a thing and latency is a critical thing running your ram at higher speeds will make everything smoother 

If it relates to the cpu it doesn't mean it will only improve cpu performance plus it doesn't hurt to get free performance lmao  😜


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

You should turn it on 

Now I don't know where it is exactly since I am not familiar with gigabyte uefi but it essentially runs your ram at it's advertised speeds 

When I try to open bios in my keyboard I press delete multiple times but nothing happens, it goes straight up to windows, anything I could do? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×