Please Help me.

I have a lot to type, please bare with me. I need help.

I recently built my cousin his first computer. I have built computers before and have some some basic IT work. So i know what I am doing. However, my cousins computer has been incredibly frustrating. 

These are the parts I used. I have multiple questions including one for the graphics card. Please bare with me as I will explain all the issues I am having with it. 

https://secure.newegg.com/wishlist/pd/27234506

At first I thought my issues were the motherboard. No one else seems to have problems with AsRock but every single computer I have ever built with an AsRock motherboard ended up being a huge headache. I only got this motherboard at the time for the price as my cousin didn't want to spend a lot of money. As far as drivers go, AsRock website and CD for motherboard has this weird All-In-One driver I have never seen before. I am used to downloading each driver individually. So I thought maybe that was causing issues as I was missing some drivers. All that seemed to do was download AMD Adrenalin I believe. It took me SEVERAL tries to get windows 10 to update to the most recent version. It would download to 100% and fail. Then I tried the update tool but that would get stuck at 99%. Or it would work, reset, start to install the updates, then it would say something failed and undo all the updates. The computer was slower than it should be, hung up a lot, and would occasionally freeze or restart without warning or any BSOD. The internet was also being weird. It would somethings act as if there was no internet or would be extremely slow. I thought about updating BIOS but the website says to specifically not to with certain processors. 

Anyway, I ended up doing a FULL reset. I had to wait a few hours for windows to wipe everything. I used the CD to install the drivers, and was Finally able to download and install all most recent windows 10. Everything seemed to finally be working as it should except for a few issues I started to notice. 

He was starting to now get BSOD, one for Pool Header, then other was for ntoskrnl.exe.

Also

Changing fan speeds in BIOS (specifically for CPU fan) doesn't seem to do anything. I noticed the Ryzen 2600 in idle was around 40c. So I tried to set the fan speed to full in BIOS but I don't notice a difference. It doesn't seem to be spinning any faster than it was before. My other issue is the Graphics Card. This is my first time messing with an AMD card as I always use NVIDIA in my personal builds. I installed an RX 570 8gb MSI in my cousins build. I know most modern GPUs have a setting that keeps the fan off until the card gets hot. However, I cannot for the life of me get the card's fans to manually turn on either. I have tried both AMD Adrenalin and MSI Afterburner and still the cards will not turn on. Even during my stress tests the card will reach 80c and still the fans will not turn on. Other than the fans, the card seems fine... Or so I thought. My cousin and I were just playing Insurgency (original) and after about 5 - 8 minutes his computer just shuts off. 

The only thing I can think of is something in the computer, possibly the GPU got too hot so it shut itself off.

I read some reviews that people also had issues with the power supply I got. Many of them said they got it dead on arrival. People also mentioned having issues with the MOBO I am using too. As far as I can tell, the PSU seems fine..

My gut tells me the main issue is somehow the motherboard, next would be GPU.

I have tried everything and I have no idea what else to do. It is extremely frustrating. I have never had a computer be so difficult. I feel bad because this is my cousins first computer and he's starting to feel like it is more trouble than it's worth.

So the gpu fans won't turn on at all? seems like theyre dead or disconnected. 

13 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

So the gpu fans won't turn on at all? seems like theyre dead or disconnected. 

Not that I can tell, I have tried MSI Afterburner and the AMD program. Nothing seems to work when manually turning them on. It is a brand new Rx 570 MSI card. With all the other issues, I can only assume it could be a motherboard issue? Or the fans are dead. I am not sure if they are disconnected. I did not try taking the card apart. I was worried I might void the card in case we need to send it back. 

(Moved to troubleshooting and removed the second copy)

HTTP/2 203

You have connected the power supply to the GPU correct? Should be a 6 or 8 pin connection. The GPU must be working somewhat if you have an image as the 2600 does not have integrated graphics. Additionally, go into the bios and "load optimized defaults", save changes and reboot.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

1 minute ago, Brent744 said:

You have connected the power supply to the GPU correct? Should be a 6 or 8 pin connection. The GPU must be working somewhat if you have an image as the 2600 does not have integrated graphics. Additionally, go into the bios and "load optimized defaults", save changes and reboot.

Yes, power supply is connected to GPU. I believe it is a 6 pin connection. Witcher 3 ran around 50 - 60 fps and Insurgency ran around 60 + before the computer randomly shut off. I will check with loading defaults for BIOS. I had thought about that but didn't seem to be able to find it. I will check again.

The auto shut off is a fail safe from the motherboard to prevent damage. If it was a GPU issue, the software would just be unplayable and may crash, but not the whole computer. Because the entire computer is powering down it leads me to believe it's a power or motherboard issue.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

Just now, Brent744 said:

The auto shut off is a fail safe from the motherboard to prevent damage. If it was a GPU issue, the software would just be unplayable and may crash, but not the whole computer. Because the entire computer is powering down it leads me to believe it's a power or motherboard issue.

My gut tells me it is just a crap motherboard. No one else seems to have issues with AsRock but every single build I have ever done with AsRock consistently had problems. I am unsure how to trouble shoot the power supply but it seems fine and the fan for the power supply also appears to be fine.

Another thing to try, download "HWMonitor", and run the same games. Try to monitor temps of the motherboard, cpu and gpu to ensure nothing is overheating, causing the machine to power off.

2 minutes ago, Sorkurie said:

My gut tells me it is just a crap motherboard. No one else seems to have issues with AsRock but every single build I have ever done with AsRock consistently had problems. I am unsure how to trouble shoot the power supply but it seems fine and the fan for the power supply also appears to be fine.

I agree that that motherboard is more likely to be the fault than the power supply. EVGA makes some of the best components in the business

1 minute ago, Brent744 said:

I agree that that motherboard is more likely to be the fault than the power supply. EVGA makes some of the best components in the business

I do have HW Monitor installed on his system. I would agree that EVGA usually has good qualities but I noticed some of the reviews did they that specific PSU also gave them issues.